AFT Post AGM Statement + Update 15/12 | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT Post AGM Statement + Update 15/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I agree with Dunlop. Pasoti should rise above it all. At the end of the day there are 5 or 6 thousand members on Pasoti and Facebook Free chat and much less on the other odious forum. There is no more than a dozen to twenty people really interested in the bitchfest or dick measuring. The average reader is quite capable of forming their own opinion of who are the good guys and who is the bad guys and sometimes saying nothing shows people in a better light than feeling the need to strike back. Rather than continually feel the need to discredit their perceived enemies the two Ians and Ollie would be better to just get on with running their own forum, free from all the unpleasantness, thus showing it in a better light. I wish you guys could understand that the overwhelming number of readers of this site and other sites are just not interested in all the politics between you and your adversaries.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Guiri Green":zufhg6n6 said:
Since these 'spats' have started, kids have been born that are now training with Argyle.

The 'he said / she said / they said' , 'got your number matey' , getting revenge, 'I'm in charge, no,I'm in charge' stuff has lasted longer than World War 2.

Years later, people are still droning on about b8ll8cks that happened between a relatively small amount of people even when compared to Argyles lowest of attendances in the same period.

All a bit daft isnt it ?

Agreed, but doubtful it will happen. There are many accusations out there from both sites of some really nasty things. Who knows what's even true anymore, it sadly feels this will carry on going on for a long time. My concern is if the fanbase ever needed to unite for the club, could it? Hopefully I never have to worry about that.

Ade the green":zufhg6n6 said:
dunlop":zufhg6n6 said:
Spot on with those comments postys is the worst offemder continually quoting other forums? He has done more to raise the profile of other forumns with his constant dribble.

So are you saying that if I were to go to either of the other forums that no-one would be mentioning PASOTI? A simple no will suffice.
They are, but why should it matter? Let the children play whilst the adults get on with life. Actions taken on here in the past haven't helped. The choice to ban John because they didn't like how he ran a Facebook group, for example. Just gave people more reason to talk and is still mentioned regularly as an example of how PASOTI "Stops free speech" etc.

It's very hard to be the bigger men sometimes, but it's always the right choice.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If you all only knew what some of us (and our families) are subjected to, but points taken - I won't mention anything again on Pasoti. :thumbs:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
PL2 3DQ":2xmtrkt2 said:
If you all only knew what some of us (and our families) are subjected too, but points taken - I won't mention anything again on Pasoti. :thumbs:

If they weren’t mentioned at all, i’m Sure we’ll all feel better for it and as I notice on Exweb banter base (for example) without any Argyle faithful feeding them the forum is dying on it’s arse, this should be a lesson.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I’m not sure whether it’s been made clear but Akkeron are paying the £250k for the Section 106.

More money saved?

Jan 21, 2017
Yes the Chairman made it clear that he is going to pay it, as I see it, it occurs due to changes to the locality by the HHP aspect of the development, not the Grandstand refurbished.
Rixen63

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
As you see it, is that the case though?

I'm not saying it isn't, but there would have been a burden of Section 106 for the Grandstand wouldn't there?

Feb 8, 2005
"It is important now that the Board of the AFT fully canvass the views of its membership before deciding on our next course of action. In the meantime, please let us know what you think by talking to us at the table outside the Devonport End before home games or by emailing us."

Is this "next course of action" to do with the dissent of the remaining part of the application, as the statement implies, or just "a next course of action?"

May 8, 2011
Rixen63":pxxhj086 said:
Yes the Chairman made it clear that he is going to pay it, as I see it, it occurs due to changes to the locality by the HHP aspect of the development, not the Grandstand refurbished.
Rixen63

Even without the HHP development the Council would have asked for a S106 contribution.

The Grandstand refurbishment will lead to additional traffic so there would be a S106 requirement for Highway improvements.
Also as it is in Central Park, the Council would ask for a contribution to help finance the Central Park improvement plan.

Jul 29, 2010
jimsing":85o35tml said:
"It is important **NOW** that the Board of the AFT fully canvass the views of its membership before deciding on our next course of action..."
Why is it now important. Surely that was always important. Indeed if that basic fundamental underpin of a mutual enterprise had been exercised throughout it's existence they might find they'd have a lot more members to canvass. They'd certainly still have this one.

As it was they allowed a soapbox minority to take over and randomly go off half cocked. You would have thought that the AFT, especially based on the timing and circumstances of it's creation, would be a universally embraced concept by the Argyle family, impossible not to like or become unaligned from. It's actually quite an astonishing 'achievement' that it is now viewed with such mistrust (sic).

Even if the good, well meaning and hard working non soapboxers (that have always been in the committee ranks to a greater or lesser degree) were to forever rid the agenda mongers from the AFT it's too late, the flush is busted.

Such a shame :sad:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Well I still have faith, the latest two voted on fill me with despair, one a ego maniac in sheeps clothing and the other an obsessive type that lies to suit his agenda..

However, there are some very good people on board, I chatted with them briefly after the PCC meeting and they really care about our club and simply have a different perspective.

To answer your question 'why is it now more important' Smiffy, I think they really do understand how upset people were at the cavalier 'mandate' they moved forward with regarding the objection to HHP.

As I said previously I think it so important that the Trust is kept going and some of the board make me feel the AFT is good housekeeping hands.

Could they fight a club owner that has nasty plans for PAFC in 10 years times? Possibly not, but that will be for a new generation to deal with, and the fighters will rise, just like they did last time.

Jan 21, 2017
The hotel, ice rink, offices and restaurants will have a far bigger impact on the locality than the Granstand refurb and will demand most of the £250K 206 payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.