Which of the new players will make the most impact | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Which of the new players will make the most impact

Which of the new players will make the most impact

• 8 Deane Smalley

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • 7 Oliver Norburn

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • 4 Anthony O'Connor

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 5 Peter Hartley

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • 2 Kelvin Mellor

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 3 Carl McHugh

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 1 James Bittner

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 6 Lee Cox

Votes: 67 47.2%

• Total voters

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I have not included Reid and McCormick.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
McCormick's not a new player, so that makes sense! ;)

I think the best player of the lot we've signed is Hartley, although Cox and Norburn will also be vital players.

C

Cobi Budge.

This team would could fall apart without Cox, that's why we desperately need CM cover.

Jul 29, 2010
Hartley.

All teams start wirh a solid defence and having shipped out the error prone twins in Blanchard and Trotman this guy will be the rock that everything else gets tethered to.

Others may 'shine' more and the 'easily distracted of eye' will probably give them the credit. But they'll only shine because of the solid platform they stand on and the organisational leadership behind them.

C

Cobi Budge.

People compliment Hartley by saying "he's a big brute at the back", I actually think they are unknowingly insulting him, Branston & Trotman were 'big brutes', Hartley has much more class about him, he thinks about what he's going to do, and can play with the ball at his feet as well, much more than the big lower league lump.

One thing's for sure, he's a trillion times what Trotman is.

Jul 29, 2010
Cobi Budge.":2cm9zot5 said:
People compliment Hartley by saying "he's a big brute at the back", I actually think they are unknowingly insulting him, Branston & Trotman were 'big brutes', Hartley has much more class about him, he thinks about what he's going to do, and can play with the ball at his feet as well, much more than the big lower league lump.

One thing's for sure, he's a trillion times what Trotman is.

I'm taking that as not being directed at what I said, as despite mine being only one of two posts to mention Hartley it has no resemblance to what I actually said ;-)

.....same applies to the other post too for that matter.

Mar 23, 2008
Lee Cox will be vital especially following Hourihanes departure. He's closely followed by Hartley but with him I feel McHugh could deputise for him well. However, unless he has something in his locker he did not show last season, Blizzard is not good enough to compensate for Cox being unavailable.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":1suma2qi said:
Hartley.

All teams start wirh a solid defence and having shipped out the error prone twins in Blanchard and Trotman this guy will be the rock that everything else gets tethered to.

Others may 'shine' more and the 'easily distracted of eye' will probably give them the credit. But they'll only shine because of the solid platform they stand on and the organisational leadership behind them.

But even if we had had a good defence last season, having to play Young/Blizzard alongside Hourihane meant that teams could just walk through the middle of us, leaving the defence exposed.

Cox for me. If he stays fit he'll protect the back 4 so so well.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
from the list offered simon cox got my vote.a very classy player who has more time on the ball than most,like lilian nallis did.not on the list but jason banton will rip this league up if he plays like he has in the friendlies with pace and intent

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Steve Evans":3grpy31a said:
from the list offered simon cox got my vote.a very classy player who has more time on the ball than most,like lilian nallis did.not on the list but jason banton will rip this league up if he plays like he has in the friendlies with pace and intent

:funny:

He'd be a top signing!

Mar 23, 2008
Steve Evans":sdqhg4a3 said:
Agreed Simon Cox would be a good signing at this level. Only problem is that he would play with his namesake Lee, which would mean we would have a pair of Cox.