Today's Referee | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Today's Referee

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Too strict. The smallest bit of contact was a foul, and every trip, push and block was a yellow card. For me, if it's both sides, then just let them battle it out, rather than stopping the game and dishing the yellow cards out every few minutes. And although I shouldn't complain too much, I thought the red card was harsh; both offences were fouls but to show a player two yellow cards so early in the game was unfair. Was it 9 yellows in the end!? If every ref was as strict as him, we'd have players suspended every week.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Yeah not sure about some of the big decisions, the red seemed as very harsh, was he the last man? Before that 2 similar "fouls" happened but the ref just ignored them both, so inconsistent I think.
But anyway just happy we won though.

Jan 7, 2013
Pretty sure they were from the same player though so the second yellow was more of a totting up process not so much the challenge itself!

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
I thought the referee was very good today. Tried to let the game flow where he could and played advantage well on a number of occasions, was good to see the game able to flow.

He also got the big decisions right in my opinion (e.g the red card, not awarding them a penalty in the first half). If anything I think Hartley was lucky not to get sent off as he could easily have picked up a second yellow. However, we won't complain about that!

There were quite a few yellow cards but it was a competitive game with quite a few late challenges. If a foul is worthy of a yellow, so be it.

He wasn't keen to be the centre of attention like so many referees are. He just did the job in my opinion.

I would be very happy if we had a referee every week which was just as good.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
r4h4al":3tihg8zf said:
Yeah not sure about some of the big decisions, the red seemed as very harsh, was he the last man? Before that 2 similar "fouls" happened but the ref just ignored them both, so inconsistent I think.
I thought he got sent off because it was his second yellow?

I could be wrong to be fair.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Steve.PAFC2012":vktde9h2 said:
r4h4al":vktde9h2 said:

It was for two yellows.

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
I thought he got the red correct, in fact I think he should have been sent off a few mins earlier for the same foul (this time not given but it was clear to everyone in block 12 it was a foul) as what he did earlier in the match to get the first yellow

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Steve.PAFC2012":39802xxz said:
r4h4al":39802xxz said:

Yeah sure it was. Fact is that Brown's Teams start off trying to intimidate, cheat and manipulate. Referee didn't fall for (most of) it.

Thing really is .. how stupid can a footballer be?? Ref spent two minutes lecturing on that sort of challenge and (presumably) warned them. Ball back into play .. BAM! ... same challenge! :facepalm:

his own fault, glad that Brown's 'tactics' didn't win the points tbh! :scarf:

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Pogleswoody":119b7n1k said:
Steve.PAFC2012":119b7n1k said:
r4h4al":119b7n1k said:

Yeah sure it was. Fact is that Brown's Teams start off trying to intimidate, cheat and manipulate. Referee didn't fall for (most of) it.

Thing really is .. how stupid can a footballer be?? Ref spent two minutes lecturing on that sort of challenge and (presumably) warned them. Ball back into play .. BAM! ... same challenge! :facepalm:

his own fault, glad that Brown's 'tactics' didn't win the points tbh! :scarf:

Absolutely. It does make you wonder how different the game against Stevenage would have been if a more experienced referee had been in charge.

However, time for us to control our own destiny and crack on.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Steve.PAFC2012":3ay6hv3r said:
r4h4al":3ay6hv3r said:

Yeah that makes better sense now, in the grandstand so couldn't quite see exactly.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Phil Sloggett":1bd7255z said:
I thought the referee was very good today. Tried to let the game flow where he could and played advantage well on a number of occasions, was good to see the game able to flow.

He also got the big decisions right in my opinion (e.g the red card, not awarding them a penalty in the first half). If anything I think Hartley was lucky not to get sent off as he could easily have picked up a second yellow. However, we won't complain about that!

There were quite a few yellow cards but it was a competitive game with quite a few late challenges. If a foul is worthy of a yellow, so be it.

He wasn't keen to be the centre of attention like so many referees are. He just did the job in my opinion.

I would be very happy if we had a referee every week which was just as good.

:clap: :clap:

Oct 24, 2010
The referee was excellent, if we had had him against Stevenage we may have had a better result.

Apr 28, 2013
tagz":1gandff5 said:
I thought he got the red correct, in fact I think he should have been sent off a few mins earlier for the same foul (this time not given but it was clear to everyone in block 12 it was a foul) as what he did earlier in the match to get the first yellow

Two minutes earlier the same guy hacked Morgan down which the ref decided to completely ignore, he should have been sent off then, so it's fair that he got sent off a few minutes later!

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
tom16pafc":2xlekdkt said:
tagz":2xlekdkt said:

Two minutes earlier the same guy hacked Morgan down which the ref decided to completely ignore, he should have been sent off then, so it's fair that he got sent off a few minutes later!
The linesman gave that a free kick to Southend. The foul I was talking about was about a min before that.

Apr 28, 2013
tagz":1l0nt0sz said:
tom16pafc":1l0nt0sz said:
tagz":1l0nt0sz said:

The linesman gave that a free kick to Southend. The foul I was talking about was about a min before that.

I'm taking about the same one! On the left and Morgan was through but the ref ignored it!