Value for money? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Value for money?

Sep 1, 2006
Ill ask a question here...If you had no affiliation with Argyle and you were on an average wage. You are mid 20s and followed Man Utd or Liverpool all your life.

Would you pay 20 pound to watch Argyle-Hartlepool in League Two?

Mar 23, 2013
When I have been around the country working I have watched plenty of teams that I don't support. ..and wouldn't expect to get in for free just because I am not from the area or support the team's.
I take my kids to the cinema. ...not often. ...but it's cheaper to take them to Argyle and they love the whole experience.

Sep 1, 2006
I sometimes question why i pay 20 quid to watch Argyle get turned over by Wycombe with a poor atmosphere on a Tuesday evening. Whens I could get a decent takeaway with the missus and watch a high quality game on the box.

Yet ill be there again on Saturday. Why because we love Argyle....if we didnt love Argyle I doubt we would do it.

B

Benji1

As a comparison, who much is to go to the cinema now to watch a Film,

or to the theatre, i.e. the Theatre Royal.

I live near London, and to watch a play say in the West End, it would cost up to £75, for a half decent seat in the house.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wouldn't.

I often wish I was born in West Ham or Birmingham or Manchester so I could support a far bigger club.

But as luck would have it, I was born a Janner and look what I've ended up with.

Fate is a fickle lady on occasions.

Argyle it is, Argyle it will remain and it's not just for Christmas.

Sep 1, 2006
Instead of slating these plastic armchair fans we need to forget about them and get the youngsters through the gates even if it means cheap parent and son deals. Many of us grew up with Argyle by a parent or grandparent taking us along as a youngster and majority of us had a other team then but not the kind of love we had for the team we watched grow.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You can't be a plastic Argyle fan, it only works upwards.

Saying that though any Argyle fan living in Exeter is deffo a Glory Hunter.

Cue Esmer.......... :twisted:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
SMIAL":10kn2p1o said:
Instead of slating these plastic armchair fans we need to forget about them and get the youngsters through the gates even if it means cheap parent and son deals. Many of us grew up with Argyle by a parent or grandparent taking us along as a youngster and majority of us had a other team then but not the kind of love we had for the team we watched grow.

What, like winning the Family Club of the Year award and having cheap deals on family tickets and having a kids zone under the stands?

Is it poor value for money if we play badly and get beat by Wycombe but good value for money if we play well and beat Exeter 3-0?

That's the beauty of football, it's unpredictable.

Sep 1, 2006
The Exeter game is probably the only game of the year where plastics feel they can get close to the moneys worth. The standard of football isn't improved but the atmosphere is greatly improved which i believe is the reason we get an extra 5000. I wonder if the Exeter attendance was only an average 6500 every year, how many of them 5000 would bother turning up.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
There is a difference in watching a game as a neutral or watching your own team.

When watching your own team being taken apart, you go home deflated but any neutrals will appreciate the game as a whole and would be able to enjoy it.

I often go along to watch Argyle. Last season against Exeter is a great example of an excellent value for money match at Home Park although you'd not realise it the next morning if you read these pages.