20 out of 39 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

20 out of 39

P

Piran-Pilgrim

20 league clean sheets for Super Luke only 3 more to be a clean sheet every other game but will he be in the PFA League 2 team of the year?.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Superb but makes you wonder why we are scrapping to get in the playoffs. Best keeper in the league !
Probably the best squad in the league but as a TEAM we are not greater than the sum of our parts
JS should be fired if he doesn't get us up IMHO for massive under performance

I work in a results driven industry and my bosses would be having some serious conversations with me if I underperformed to this level
I would be under no uncertain terms that it was unacceptable and my job was on the line

Apr 1, 2009
Of course it's good that we have all these clean sheets. However far too many of them have been gained by committing too many bodies to defense, and ultimately such negative tactics may cost us.

As to whether Luke makes L2 ToY, it's a bit of a popularity contest and his past won't help. It shouldn't be relevant, but it will influence votes. I don't think polls like ToY matter one jot, so really don't care who makes it.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
My player of the season so far.

Almost nothing in it with RR but some of his saves have been unreal

Nov 22, 2006
samjones":184p0pi1 said:
I work in a results driven industry and my bosses would be having some serious conversations with me if I underperformed to this level
I would be under no uncertain terms that it was unacceptable and my job was on the line

make the playoffs was probably Sheridan's target given to him by the club, we're 7th not exactly underperforming to as serious level is it :?

as for Luke I would be amazed if he was not in the league 2 team of the year

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Maybe the best keeper in the division, the southend lad gets a lot more 'profile' however. And Oxford got rid of Luke for a better option, maybe that lad isn't having a good season though like Luke is.

R Reid may stand a shout of the divisional accolade too, on stats alone.

No others though, we're a midtable squad on paper and so too in performance, and work off a plan A that we just hope two thirds don't 'get'. Hopefully two of those can make up the other three play off places.

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
samjones":2ik3nsdk said:
Superb but makes you wonder why we are scrapping to get in the playoffs. Best keeper in the league !
Probably the best squad in the league but as a TEAM we are not greater than the sum of our parts
JS should be fired if he doesn't get us up IMHO for massive under performance

Where's ollieargyle?

Jul 18, 2011
People on here keep banging on about negative and defensive tactics, but we have scored more goals than Southend, the same as Newport and only one less than Luton. Couple that with conceding so few then in my book we are doing OK.

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Some people on here know nothing but how to criticise the manager no matter what the conversation and are quickly able to turn a positive thread into a negative one.

We have already matched last seasons 60 point mark with 7 matches to go. In any job getting year on year improvement is a positive result. There is still the possibility for anywhere between 0% and 35% points improvement from last years total, lets see where we we end up before passing judgement.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Abbotts Ann Green":1ztvy8c2 said:
People on here keep banging on about negative and defensive tactics, but we have scored more goals than Southend, the same as Newport and only one less than Luton. Couple that with conceding so few then in my book we are doing OK.

Do these stats make JS indispensable or PW?

C

Cobi Budge.

Luke & McHugh my players of the season so far. Can't pick between them to be honest.

Feb 21, 2011
McCormick my player of the year by a country mile, I only have to look back to the half match that Bittner played and the stress it caused me to realise how lucky we are to have a keeper of his quality, and to think some people rated Cole higher. Honourable mentions for McHugh, Hartley and Reid who have all been excellent but Luke is,a class apart.

Penlee

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
My daughter turned to me at Cheltenham on saturday and said if it wasn't for mcCormick we would be in the same position as Cheltenham. Not sure I'd go that far but he is in my view at least championship standard (she thinks international level)