Tanner Loan - Extension? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tanner Loan - Extension?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
How do some on here think signing him permanently is an option? He has been loaned to us to develop his game prior to returning to Reading. Do you think they don't realise his potential?

Apr 6, 2009
hopefully we can buy him. Of course reading see his potential but there is still a big jump between league 2 or even 1 to championship

Mar 23, 2008
He's improving every week and adds real energy and a direct approach so hopefully he will stay in some form or another.

C

C. Slade

Realistically think the end of this season is as long as we can hope for.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
bringonthemilkman":um5479yf said:
How do some on here think signing him permanently is an option? He has been loaned to us to develop his game prior to returning to Reading. Do you think they don't realise his potential?

Wow, interesting way of putting your argument over. I've seen him improve massively since watching him last season, so who knows quite how much potential he might have but that's to be discovered by a permanent club in my opinion. Our success on the pitch might just tempt him into joining if there's a good chance of League One football to follow. He's still a way off being a regular for Reading, so let's make ourself competition for some of the other clubs who would want him.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Would love to see him join us permanently but can't see it happening in January. A loan until the end of the season would be good enough though, as good as he is for us I can't see him featuring much for Reading so ideally a permanent move could be in the pipeline if we can afford to do so...

D

davetrevaskus

I don't think it's too different to the David Norris situation all those years ago. He's great at this level but he's a few years off first team at a club eying up the Premiership. We're doing well and he's playing a big part in that, so now's the time to strike whilst he's loving things.

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
LG":bld3k8g0 said:
Get that loan extended soon as!
Or even sign him on permanently in January :thumbs:

How long his contract with Reading? I don't think that we will be able to pay anything for him.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
pilgrimage":3361js7p said:
LG":3361js7p said:
Get that loan extended soon as!
Or even sign him on permanently in January :thumbs:

How long his contract with Reading? I don't think that we will be able to pay anything for him.

He signed a new 2 year contact with Reading last January so a permanent deal is probably wishful thinking :thumbdown: :scarf:

R

ReadingFan

Still feeling optimistic about Tanner?

I would suggest you have very little chance of signing him permanently, particularly with all the injuries in our midfield. If Clarke is sacked then I think there's a good chance Martin Kuhl will recall him.

The best you can hope for is that Clarke stays with Reading, both clubs get promoted, we send him back to you next year and both clubs stay up. There's a small chance we wouldn't renew his contract and then you could sign him.

(Of course, if you've decided he's poo in the past few weeks then the best you can hope for is that we recall him ;))