Tanner Loan - Extension? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tanner Loan - Extension?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
reading fan.it's very strange what's happening with clark at your club.he has had talks with fulham and you still employ him.is he any good for you in your opinion?what is the general felling among the reading fans please?

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
My hunch is still that he'll crack it at the right level for him but I don't think that level is higher than League One. I hope he's still with us after January though!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Steve Evans":2v72eofy said:
reading fan.it's very strange what's happening with clark at your club.he has had talks with fulham and you still employ him.is he any good for you in your opinion?what is the general felling among the reading fans please?

He should be given the chop, axed immediately, log out. :oops:

Jul 29, 2010
cheshiregreen":1161yo5d said:
Clarke sacked today.

Hope the new boss won't want to recall Tanner.

It's a fair shout that whoever the new manager is will want to look at everything he's got available to him. Logically he'd recall any loans for the month of January to do just that then either keep them or put them out on loan again at the end of the window.

Upshot to us would be we either never see him again or we lose him for the month of January.

...unless perhaps their new manager is an appointment from within of course.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
X Isle":arcwzqbr said:
cheshiregreen":arcwzqbr said:
Clarke sacked today.

Hope the new boss won't want to recall Tanner.

It's a fair shout that whoever the new manager is will want to look at everything he's got available to him. Logically he'd recall any loans for the month of January to do just that then either keep them or put them out on loan again at the end of the window.

Upshot to us would be we either never see him again or we lose him for the month of January.

...unless perhaps their new manager is an appointment from within of course.

And here in lies the problem with over reliance on the loan market. House. On. Sand. Built

Jul 29, 2010
...is one way to look at it.

Playing devil's advocate...if we only used players we owned then our squad numbers would be reduced and our overall quality and resilience to injuries and suspensions would be that much lower.

Loans allow for quality to be available that we couldn't afford at subsidised rates to supliment our own stock.

I agree with you UPL up to a point, I too would rather we owned these players. But the finances are what they are and so far the manager has delivered with what he's got available to him.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I hate loan players as well.

BUT, if we didn't have that at our disposal, we wouldn't have seen players like Bryan, Kellet, Tanner and Boetang would we?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I would love to see Bryan back with Argyle now, playing on the left flank. His crossings were always pinpointed. He is not regularly picked by Bristol City and I am sure he would love to come back to assist the promotion cause.