Parkway and bar sol una merge. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Parkway and bar sol una merge.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plymout ... l#comments
Perhaps argyles swpl team could take over bar sol onas ground? I believe it is located halway down the hill towards RNAD ernesettle.
Just down from where luggy used to live. Nice little ground. Ideal for training as well. However it does state in the article that they
intend carrying on in the lower leagues but under the parkway banner. If so it then seems a bit rich to me for parkway to now have 2 stadia when
the main plymouth professional club has to go to newton abbot for a ground. I would think both these grounds are council leased.
As an aside. That ernesettle location would be ideal for a new stadium if it could ever be organised. Perhaps albion take over HP.
Their new owners intend for premiership rugby. They would need decent stadia(sandy park type) to achieve. Council could then sell
albions location for development(sutton harbour?) paying for a new 20k all seater for us. Having a stadia away from central park
would then make it much easier for us to expand in the future if we ever needed to. Just a thought.

A new stadium in Ernesettle ???????

OMG !!

I would have to travel there by bus or taxi ?

What ?

I would no longer be able to saunter to The Brit in 5 minutes, languish there until 2.50 and make the kick-off ?

What ?

Permission denied :funny:

Next ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

TinTin":3pv5j0mw said:
A new stadium in Ernesettle ???????

OMG !!

I would have to travel there by bus or taxi ?

What ?

I would no longer be able to saunter to The Brit in 5 minutes, languish there until 2.50 and make the kick-off ?

What ?

Permission denied :funny:

Next ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:
Travel by bus or taxi? Not if you lived in ernesettle or whitleigh or honicknowle like me who
has to get a bus to HP at the mo.
Saunter to the brit in 5 minutes? You can still saunter to the brit. Just get up a bit earlier
you lazy git and get the bus there like i have to do every game now.
Anyway were talking about the future of the club not argyle boys drinking habits. I would hope a club
run bar would be built in a new stadia anyway. Or a new blue monkey could rise from the ashes again. :thumbup:
I would have thought ernesettle isnt as bad as some of the new stadia built recently regarding location.
Lots of them are outside cities/towns.
It is the main way that clubs have had new stadia built. Sell their old location to finance their
new. We are unique in that we cannot sell our location so thats why i suggested using the albion method.
Anyway your more or less chinese now so you dont matter. :lol:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think it's a great idea. It would put the ground even closer to Cornwall and confuse even more away fans. We could even go for a gold and black away kit emblazoned with the cross of St Piran on the breast. I am probably in a minority but I have no problem with a relocation of ground whether it be Ernesettle or the Ivybridge area or wherever. Nostalgia is all very well but sometimes you have to move with the times to improve your lot. Albion taking over Home Park could mean an even smaller new stand than the previously proposed ministand would suffice as they wouldn't need any future expansion with 12 to 14,000 capacity plenty enough even for premier League rugby should they ever make it. If funds from the sale of the Brickfields area could be diverted to a new stadium then great. Someone needs to come up with some sort of masterplan. We can't continue drifting along indefinitely in the lower leagues and a way must be found to improve the presence of Plymouth sport generally on the national stage.

jerryatricjanner":2yqnpvqo said:
I think it's a great idea. It would put the ground even closer to Cornwall and confuse even more away fans. We could even go for a gold and black away kit emblazoned with the cross of St Piran on the breast. I am probably in a minority but I have no problem with a relocation of ground whether it be Ernesettle or the Ivybridge area or wherever. Nostalgia is all very well but sometimes you have to move with the times to improve your lot. Albion taking over Home Park could mean an even smaller new stand than the previously proposed ministand would suffice as they wouldn't need any future expansion with 12 to 14,000 capacity plenty enough even for premier League rugby should they ever make it. If funds from the sale of the Brickfields area could be diverted to a new stadium then great. Someone needs to come up with some sort of masterplan. We can't continue drifting along indefinitely in the lower leagues and a way must be found to improve the presence of Plymouth sport generally on the national stage.
Yeh im with you on the nostalgia thing. It would be sad, but if moving away from HP is the
only way of improving our lot then for me as well we should go for it.
It would benefit argyle, albion and the city in that successful sporting teams benefit
the local economy and promotes plymouth and the far SW nationally.
So many clubs have risen to higher levels when acquiring new stadia.
Whether such a masterplan could be formulated or financed i havnt a scooby.
Also would argyle fans be happy with moving away. :think:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
jerryatricjanner":2kjhe9nz said:

And closer to Callington, so the pasties will be that much warmer when delivered?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
You are a great mind reader Quintrell, with me being a Callington boy.

ghost of hughie reed":1arranmp said:
Cardiff built a new one. According to Wikipedia it set them back £100 million. ( 0.1 billion ! )
Lets just stay at Hp eh.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_City_Stadium
According to that wiki page the stadia was 48million. 100mill was for the whole
development including retail. Was 28k capacity when completed now 33k. We only need a 20k to begin with.
The old ninian park and athletics stadium were sold and location used to pay for and build the stadium
plus a retail park, housing and hotel for the developers.
The council played a major part in it all. If it can be done without argyle or the council having to
fork out then i dont see a problem.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The only logical place for Argyle to build a stadium away from HP is beside the A38 somewhere nearer the rest of the football world.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Argylegames":3hypc4x9 said:
The only logical place for Argyle to build a stadium away from HP is beside the A38 somewhere nearer the rest of the football world.
Where are you thinking, Bristol, Birmingham or Derby, it's a long old road?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
jerryatricjanner":1mip834i said:
Where are you thinking, Bristol, Birmingham or Derby, it's a long old road?
:)

Well I was thinking Lee Mill, I've suggested Venton before.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Well that's a relief, that's not too far at all☺As good a place as anywhere really. Little difference time wise for Cornish supporters and would probably encourage a few more from the rest of Devon and beyond to make the effort. Football specials could be set up for residents of the city which needed them as well. Closer to civilisation for corporate events as well.

Patrik":2ikfp7mn said:
Another possibility with the Ernesettle option is that a railway station could be built into the plans which would address local concerns about the traffic. As everyone knows the junction with the A38 and towards Crownhill past the Blue Monkey can be a nightmare in the evening peak which would encourage a lot of locals to protest against it.
You are correct about accessing ernesettle. There is only biggin hill and ernesettle lane.
Ernesettle lane is very quiet but connects onto that bleddy busy roundabout by the blue
monkey so not really an option especially at 5pm after games. Unless it could be joined
seperately to the parkway somewhere nearer the bridge. I used to work at RNAD ernesettle
and all the mod land/fields around it are wasted as a smaller security area is much easier guarded.
Ernesettle was only a thought anyway and probably not an option. The other guys locations
off the a38 are probably much better for access although further away.
As for a railway station for ernesettle. Yeh go for it anyway.
Theres probably space for an airport down there as well. Then ernesettle can replace execeter
as the economic hub for the south west. :thumbup:
Now that really would be something ambitious for plymouth.