200 up for Super Luke | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

200 up for Super Luke

C

Connor Clarke

Lundan Cabbie":58ivjkf5 said:
Verte":58ivjkf5 said:
Luke is an Argyle legend. Best keeper outside the PL.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. Less than half his 200 appearances were in the Championship, where he hardly set the world alight.

Where would he be had he not had his sabbatical? At 6'0" he is probably too short for the Premier League unless he got there with a promoted club because I think someone in the NC/SBC might have taken a chance on him as Argyle slipped to League One.

You do realise when he left right???

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Just delivers week after week after week. I've always believed he's one of the best in this division but I'm certain now he is the best. What keeper in our league is better?

Well done on the 200th appearance and another clean sheet Luke!

C

Cobi Budge.

Club legend despite everything.

My player of the season so far.

C

Cobi Budge.

Was an integral part of taking us to the championship, was perhaps our most consistent/best player in the championship, even when we were fighting for promotion to the PL. Loves the club etc, our longest serving team member (excluding Wotton).

I don't see how he isn't a legend? If he's not, then I don't really know who is bar the obvious ones.

If what happened didn't happen, I doubt many would be denying the 'legend' title.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Lundan Cabbie":1tosc8qa said:
Cobi Budge.":1tosc8qa said:
Club legend despite everything.

My player of the season so far.

And what has he done that is legendary?
Normally a keeper who had been heavily involved in a promotion season, and over his career with a club has a better than 1/3 clean sheet ratio having played 200+ games would come down as a legend. Anyway back to an earlier point of yours, played in the Championship without really setting the world alight really? he was widely considered one of the best keepers in the Championship.

C

Cobi Budge.

There were certainly big clubs sniffing around when we were in the championship, and as the above poster says, he was considered one of the best in the championship.

Aug 15, 2008
I wouldn't swap him for any keeper outside the PL. Even some keepers in the PL I wouldn't trade for him.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
That's all pretty good but not legendary. In my eyes a Club Legend is reserved for no more than half a dozen individuals throught a club's history. Don't devalue it by giving it out too easily.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Fantastic achievement Luke. He is at his peak in my view. Was always a good shot stopper, now he has added organisation, he is vocal and he can dominate his area in a way that he was unable to in his earlier spell.

We are lucky to have him.