2214 empty seats? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

2214 empty seats?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Yes to use Darlington's white elephant as an example is a bit like trying to make a point by saying Crystal Palace don't need a 250,000 seat stadium or Man Utd a 900,000 seater stadium

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
LostPilgrim":3fgcracr said:
jerryatricjanner":3fgcracr said:
To claim an average attendance of 7,400 including season ticket holders who don't go to the match is higher than an average attendance of 7,100 where every one of those is at the match is hardly like for like is it?

Again, truth or PASOTI fact?

jerryatricjanner":3fgcracr said:
That 7,400 figure includes about 15% of the 4,000 season ticket holders who weren't in attendance(about 600) so if using the old method it would show attendances were several hundred lower than 1996 rather than higher.

If truth (with backup) did 2014/15 feel like a promotion season or a flirt with play off season?

This season didn't feel like a promotion season for anybody did it, until possibly the final couple of games for some.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Not for me. I did think, ironically after the Wycombe away game, where we played brilliantly, that we were in top three best sides in the division and certainly the Cheltenham, Exeter and Pompey home games made one feel that way, but we were simply far too inconsistent.

Had some great times to remember and some bad ones as well. Same old Argyle really.

Yep, I said it, 'Same Old Argyle'.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
spowell92":233rj3vn said:
jerryatricjanner":233rj3vn said:
spowell92":233rj3vn said:
Unsure how the inclusion of ST holders (attending or otherwise) is misleading? Surely it gives a truer indication of the revenue the club receives through admissions?
Sam are you being deliberately awkward? It is quite simple. I pointed out that to say attendances were up on 1996 was misleading which it clearly is. To claim an average attendance of 7,400 including season ticket holders who don't go to the match is higher than an average attendance of 7,100 where every one of those is at the match is hardly like for like is it? That 7,400 figure includes about 15% of the 4,000 season ticket holders who weren't in attendance(about 600) so if using the old method it would show attendances were several hundred lower than 1996 rather than higher. It's not that difficult to understand surely?

Where's that 15% figure come from?

From a conservative estimate Sam. If you take all the season ticket holders, some of which would have been bought for kids etc., some who have holidays, weddings, emergencies plus those who just don't fancy some games or live a fair distance and can't make them all especially in midweek, I think it is highly unlikely that the average number of games a season ticket holder would attend would be as much as 20 even, probably less. So taking 15% of games missed by the Average ticket holder that is 19.55 games. Don't you think that is probably being a bit generous even? My own thought is you could allow for 20% or more.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Not particularly, I think 600 absent of 4000 on average over the season is a ludicrous claim and incredibly presumptuous. I've attended the Tuesday night cup games in which ST holders aren't included and the crowd is noticeably less - both in official figures and observation. I can't say that I've attended a League game and observed the same depleted crowd yet heard a massively buoyed attendance figure over the tannoy. Ultimately JJ, I've lost track of the point you were trying to make?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
IJN":1z0lxj1x said:
Not for me. I did think, ironically after the Wycombe away game, where we played brilliantly, that we were in top three best sides in the division and certainly the Cheltenham, Exeter and Pompey home games made one feel that way, but we were simply far too inconsistent.

Had some great times to remember and some bad ones as well. Same old Argyle really.

Yep, I said it, 'Same Old Argyle'.

The issue with that Wycombe win is that it came after a 7 game winless run (and the home win over Accy). The 3 points allowed up to reclaim the final play off spot, but autos were beyond us at that point. We managed to keep the run going for another couple matches, but could only climb one spot to 6th - it was more a case of cementing our right to take part in the play off cup than mount a push into the top 3. The run in was a stutter and to be honest we were fortunate to retain our play off position.

Portsmouth should have been the game to kick on from if we were serious about promotion. It was an epic performance in front of a good crowd and the SKY spotlight. It put us 4th in the League table, but unfortunately we followed it up with that performance away at Mansfield and by the time we lost away at Hartlepool we'd dropped to 10th. Momentum was not behind us, but we did battle well to ensure a top 7 finish - sadly we were never quite convincing enough in the latter half of the season.

Dec 3, 2005
Someone at the Club knows the REAL attendance figures - after all the Season Tickets are scanned at the turnstile on entry, so from that second they know exactly who are inside the ground or not.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
spowell92":1r6t7n61 said:
Not particularly, I think 600 absent of 4000 on average over the season is a ludicrous claim and incredibly presumptuous. I've attended the Tuesday night cup games in which ST holders aren't included and the crowd is noticeably less - both in official figures and observation. I can't say that I've attended a League game and observed the same depleted crowd yet heard a massively buoyed attendance figure over the tannoy. Ultimately JJ, I've lost track of the point you were trying to make?
Why do you think it ludicrous? What do you consider would be the average number of games a season ticket attends then? My guess is a tiny number of the 4,000 would see all 23 games, the majority would miss 2 or 3 during the course of a season and others more no doubt.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
jerryatricjanner":39nkjjxo said:
spowell92":39nkjjxo said:
Why do you think it ludicrous? What do you consider would be the average number of games a season ticket attends then? My guess is a tiny number of the 4,000 would see all 23 games, the majority would miss 2 or 3 during the course of a season and others more no doubt.

I for 1 suffered all 23 games.

Dec 3, 2005
David_Fisher":7uufkynh said:
jerryatricjanner":7uufkynh said:
spowell92":7uufkynh said:

I was luckier, due to other things happening I missed 5 matches, oh and I may have fallen asleep in a few as well ;)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
djg145":icgg1bd9 said:
David_Fisher":icgg1bd9 said:
jerryatricjanner":icgg1bd9 said:
spowell92":icgg1bd9 said:

I was luckier, due to other things happening I missed 5 matches, oh and I may have fallen asleep in a few as well ;)

I went to quite a few games that the team missed! :sad: