"30 years behind the times" | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

"30 years behind the times"

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
samjones":78me59qj said:
Giving the grandstand a lick of paint is hardly bringing us into the millennium

You're right, it isn't.

However, a new roof, reseating everywhere, new offices and club shop, new dressing rooms and press facilities, entirely new hospitality and conferencing facilities, new toilets, a complete gutting and rebuilding of the lower tier, a wholly reconfigured layout of tunnel AND a lick of paint might just do it.

You really do stink this place out sometimes.

Apr 13, 2017
edengreen":1uxddu9r said:
EMILLE MPENZA !

Emile Mpenza was a bargain compared to what Kenny Cooper cost! At least EM scored twice and won us four points that kept us up.

Without taking over old muck, the £17million came from Keith Todd arriving, sacking Michael Dunford thinking he and his mates could do better, having their naivety exploited by agents and other clubs and then spending money hoping for a World Cup bid that was never happening .

May 22, 2006
Biggs":21va15r2 said:
samjones":21va15r2 said:
Giving the grandstand a lick of paint is hardly bringing us into the millennium

You're right, it isn't.

However, a new roof, reseating everywhere, new offices and club shop, new dressing rooms and press facilities, entirely new hospitality and conferencing facilities, new toilets, a complete gutting and rebuilding of the lower tier, a wholly reconfigured layout of tunnel AND a lick of paint might just do it.

You really do stink this place out sometimes.

Entirely deliberately too, I might add.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Didn't Pulis describe the facilities as League Two? And that was over 10 years ago when the ground could hold over 20,000 with the open terrace.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
ghost of hughie reed":1idh2by3 said:
Shame we never got in the Seaton Barracks site for a training ground.
Nothing doing at Sherford presumably.
Whats happened with Seale Hayne ?

Torquay United are st Seale-Hayne now

Apr 26, 2016
Fields around Seale Hayne will be houses in the next five years, the council plan is to build houses out to the A38. Councillors will be having a good Christmas as you could imagine.

Apr 30, 2011
Andy Holland":1j081qux said:
PL2 3DQ":1j081qux said:
We probably lost up to 10 years due to the administration period and the Stapleton era where the focus was spending money on player wages rather than infrastructure. The last accounts from the previous regime in 2009 showed we paid 87% of our turn over on player wages and 74% the season before that. It didn't leave much money to invest in facilities and infrastructure, if any at all.

It begs the question - what did we get for £17 million worth of debt? No promotion to the Premier League and no state of the art training facilities or good infrastructure.

We are playing catch up now and the responsibility to upgrade our facilities has fallen on the current board.

I've often wondered that myself.

We certainly didn't spend £17m on anything material...where the hell did it all go?

That £17 million debt so if you had on the £6 million or so for Halmosi, Gosling, SEB, Norris and Buzz then we are really looking at £23 million that has disappeared with only a new pitch to show for it which I beleive was half a million.

Jul 25, 2011
Penmaster":281bsnwu said:
Andy Holland":281bsnwu said:
PL2 3DQ":281bsnwu said:
We probably lost up to 10 years due to the administration period and the Stapleton era where the focus was spending money on player wages rather than infrastructure. The last accounts from the previous regime in 2009 showed we paid 87% of our turn over on player wages and 74% the season before that. It didn't leave much money to invest in facilities and infrastructure, if any at all.

It begs the question - what did we get for £17 million worth of debt? No promotion to the Premier League and no state of the art training facilities or good infrastructure.

We are playing catch up now and the responsibility to upgrade our facilities has fallen on the current board.

We certainly didn't spend £17m on anything material...where the hell did it all go?

That £17 million debt so if you had on the £6 million or so for Halmosi, Gosling, SEB, Norris and Buzz then we are really looking at £23 million that has disappeared with only a new pitch to show for it which I beleive was half a million.
I might be wrong but didn't we only pay a penny in the pound for the pitch? Didn't the firm go to the wall too?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I think the pitch would have cost £330,000 and the company, Inscapes, still undertakes work on our current pitch and constructed new pitches at Harper's Park along with another company.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
with-menace":24y9j7jo said:
Penmaster":24y9j7jo said:
Andy Holland":24y9j7jo said:
PL2 3DQ":24y9j7jo said:

I might be wrong but didn't we only pay a penny in the pound for the pitch? Didn't the firm go to the wall too?
All unsecured creditors received 0.77p for each £1.

Inscapes, the company who laid Argyle's brand new pitch last summer, will be handed £2,695 of the £350,000 worth of payments still outstanding.

As Postey says, Inscapes are still going and even have a photo of the work being done on our pitch on their home page.

http://www.inscapes.org.uk/