4th Round draw - home to Brighton | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

4th Round draw - home to Brighton

Jan 7, 2014
sussex
Im sure all Brighton supporters will have a eye on the replay result between Plymouth and Port Vale and the majority would be hoping for a Plymouth win considering the history between the clubs .

I guess its not the glammour tie both teams were hoping for but im positive Brighton will sell whatever allocation they are given and make it a bloody good day whatever the result .

Good luck in the replay

C

Cobi Budge.

Keepitgreen":1vu5izo0 said:
graiser":1vu5izo0 said:
Cobi Budge.":1vu5izo0 said:
Am I alone in not caring about the fans love in? Yeah I thanked their fans, but I also thank all the others clubs, but at the end of the day, they are just other teams to beat, and I don't single any out as better.

Brighton are just another club I want us to beat, I don't like nor dislike them.

I don't share the utmost love many pilgrims have for Brighton.

:facepalm:
Yes you are alone you twerp, can't opposing fans be generous to each other without aiming the usual vitriol and abuse, yes if we manage to play them in the next round there'll be plenty of banter but hopefully that's all it'll be, or would you prefer the "exeter" aggression.
I've realised it was attack Cobi weekend but let's not go overboard here. Where's his vitriol and abuse? Personally I think he's wrong and both clubs have a lot to thank each other for and will always have a special place in each other's minds whatever the occassion.

Appreciate the sensible reply. You disagree but you aren't abusive, and nope, I haven't used any vitriol or abuse on here, but I seem to receive it in bucketloads :roll:

Jul 29, 2010
One can still cause offence and be offensive, with or without vitriol or abuse.

Absence of gratitude, lack of appreciation, rebuffing a kind, freely given and unexpected gesture. These are all things that can cause offence. Please don't play the victim and please remember, we have guests on this thread.

E

EK_Brighton

Afternoon.

I know it's not the big name tie you would have hoped for, and I'm under no illusions that we're any more important or glamorous than (say) Leicester or Derby or any other average sized Championship club. But you know, if it happens, it should be a bloody good day. I for one am crossing everything that you beat Vale, as Argyle are a club I've long had a soft spot for, for all sorts of reasons, footballing ones as well as family and friends.

I'd much prefer Plymouth to Burslem even though the trains cost more and they have Micky Adams. I've only good memories of trips to HP (obviously you won't appreciate that as much but I've been twice and seen two wins including one promotion-sealing one in 2001).

I'm chuffed to see you seem to be on the up, and I know many Albion fans who are the same. The majority I've seen seem to favour playing you over Vale, and not because of your relative league positions. Of all the L1/2 teams left in the draw, you're the one most of us would have chosen, and if that makes it a great big love-in, well ring Richard Curtis and make me a movie.

Good luck in the replay and hopefully see some of you on the 25th :thumbup:

C

Captain Haddock

Hi guys. Another Albion fan here.

Looks like we might be meeting up with you guys again. Good result at VP, now let's see if you complete the job....hope so as I'd prefer to re-visit Home Park (couldn't make it to the Fans United match unfortunately but had been to a previous fixture), even though the train would cost double the Burslem alternative.

Good luck on Tuesday!

How's the season shaping up for you so far? Looks like your results have picked up. Playing well?

Jul 29, 2010
Steadily getting better Capt. with thanks. I know you guys went through the same sort of recovery process, it's slow but we're starting to ser the light at the end of the tunnel.

The baggo (Janner rhyming slang - Bag'o sh1te = official site) tells us Jason Banton was our first proper transfer from another league club (so not loans, frees or free agents) in FOUR YEARS!!. That I feel is a key turning point, we're starting to operate like a normal football club again.

There's still a long way to go, but we're heading in the right direction.

Dec 20, 2011
Great clip BHAeverest! I'm hoping for us to get past Vale, Draw at HP so I can then take the 20 minute trip to the Amex to see an amazing Argyle win to launch us into the next round!!

A lot of my work colleagues are seagulls so it would be brilliant to get one over you chaps.

Here's hoping we all meet again. :scarf: