A good kind of Dilemma? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

A good kind of Dilemma?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
GreenSam":2yov72nb said:
Kellett has absolutely bags of potential and on his day can be a fantastic player for us and more natural talent than many players in leagues above never mind this one. One of the best goals and one of the best all round performances I've ever seen yesterday.

O'Connor is a great all-rounder, very consistent and extremely versatile. The classic Lee Hodges esque jack of all trades who's clearly enjoying his time here.

Although out of the three I would have to go for Bobby Reid. He gives us energy and drive from midfield in absolute abundance and it's something that nobody else in our squad has to offer. He can get box to box, cover when we're defending and make stuff happen to a far larger extent than it otherwise would do when we're attacking.

Before Bobby, we were having a mediocre season. During his spell away, we won only won game which was against a shambolic Portsmouth side. With him in the team, we are yet to lose a game. I'm by no means saying we're a one man team but he's our most important loanee and maybe even our most important player full stop. In the top three for sure I think. I'd love us to keep the three but in order of preference I'd just have to say....Reid, then O'Connor, then Kellett.

Sam, we lost against Accrington with Bobby Reid in the team.

All three loaness offer something different to the team so it's difficult to pick just one to keep.
When was the last time we had three such good loan players in the team at the same time? Timar, Halmosi and Sinclair?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":q1uo3c9v said:
GreenSam":q1uo3c9v said:
Kellett has absolutely bags of potential and on his day can be a fantastic player for us and more natural talent than many players in leagues above never mind this one. One of the best goals and one of the best all round performances I've ever seen yesterday.

O'Connor is a great all-rounder, very consistent and extremely versatile. The classic Lee Hodges esque jack of all trades who's clearly enjoying his time here.

Although out of the three I would have to go for Bobby Reid. He gives us energy and drive from midfield in absolute abundance and it's something that nobody else in our squad has to offer. He can get box to box, cover when we're defending and make stuff happen to a far larger extent than it otherwise would do when we're attacking.

Before Bobby, we were having a mediocre season. During his spell away, we won only won game which was against a shambolic Portsmouth side. With him in the team, we are yet to lose a game. I'm by no means saying we're a one man team but he's our most important loanee and maybe even our most important player full stop. In the top three for sure I think. I'd love us to keep the three but in order of preference I'd just have to say....Reid, then O'Connor, then Kellett.

Sam, we lost against Accrington with Bobby Reid in the team.

All three loaness offer something different to the team so it's difficult to pick just one to keep.
When was the last time we had three such good loan players in the team at the same time? Timar, Halmosi and Sinclair?
Oops, I was convinced he made his debut against Shrewsbury :doh:

Still he's extremely influential. Agree that that's probably the last time, certainly been the last time we had three we're so desperate to keep.

Jun 11, 2012
Sam, whilst I agree with your reasoning, my answer took into account how much more improving each player has in them, and also how much potential money we could get a couple years down the line, not just on how much effect they're having on our team currently.

If we're signing one of the three purely for their impact on this season, then I'd absolutely go for O'Connor or B.Reid.

I just think Kellett is on another level in terms of quality, and would either stay with us for as long as we continue to progress, or sell on for a seriously hefty amount.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Good point that but I do think Bobby also has many years of improvement left in him and slightly would have the edge in terms of this season.

C

Cobi Budge.

Speaking to Bolton fans, they think it's very unlikely we could get Kellet permanently.

Bristol City and Blackburn fans however seem a little more open to the idea of permanent moves for O'Connor and Bobby, especially seen as Bristol will be promoted.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IF and only IF we do go up then I'd love to see all 3 loan signings become permanent if achievable.

They are a league above us in terms of quality and potential.

Feb 21, 2011
Fergy":ayaf1dh1 said:
Kellett for me too, we don't have anybody else who could replace him.
Same could be said for Reid and O'Connor, personally I think Reid makes us tick in midfield, having said that O'Connor is so good in numerous positions there's a case for him too. Kellet would be my third choice of the three.