Aaron Cusack - A Licence | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Aaron Cusack - A Licence

G

Greenskin

memory man":2bui5t2z said:
gracie11":2bui5t2z said:
think back to what Kevin Nancekivell and Fletcher had to train with, and circumstances son
Son!?

:lol: Does that make you feel good or make you feel as if you're being insultingly patronised?

Things must be bad if the names of Fletch and Kevin Nancekivell are being mentioned. Aaron Cusack eh..think I played cricket against him a few times and his brother as well-Plympton CC I believe. Useful player and probably a very nice guy but the poster can speak for himself if giving Aaron Cusack a first team post is "what the fans want". That applies to Wotton as manager well, no matter what the shortcomings of the present incumbent are.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Greenskin":29xfhxec said:
memory man":29xfhxec said:
gracie11":29xfhxec said:
think back to what Kevin Nancekivell and Fletcher had to train with, and circumstances son
Son!?

:lol: Does that make you feel good or make you feel as if you're being insultingly patronised?

Things must be bad if the names of Fletch and Kevin Nancekivell are being mentioned. Aaron Cusack eh..think I played cricket against him a few times and his brother as well-Plympton CC I believe. Useful player and probably a very nice guy but the poster can speak for himself if giving Aaron Cusack a first team post is "what the fans want". That applies to Wotton as manager well, no matter what the shortcomings of the present incumbent are.
It has always amazed me that a little word like "son" can convey the same message as some big words. There are the two of yours in "patronising" and "insulting". "Condescending" is another. Perhaps if it was a different poster I could have stretched it to graceless!!!!!

Aug 12, 2011
Greenskin":13kxazzm said:
memory man":13kxazzm said:
gracie11":13kxazzm said:
Son!?

hahaha get over yourselves :oops:

A licence within our ranks, something not to be sniffed at.

I'm a fan and want Wotton in charge of this team. Fletch & Nance got given a hand grenade!

3 points out of 15 :banghead:....and the manager is still part time :coat:

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
The Doctor":3fgg4k77 said:
gracie11":3fgg4k77 said:
Does anyone know who else at the club has this accolade, im guessing the manager, and the head coaches and Legend Hodgie?

The answer to this question might be really interesting. Can anyone provide it?

I very much doubt Sheridan, or any of the others has.

For the record, Danis Salman has, for those who question his knowldege of the game.

G

Greenskin

gracie11":cy1883r1 said:
Greenskin":cy1883r1 said:
memory man":cy1883r1 said:
gracie11":cy1883r1 said:
Son!?

I'm a fan and want Wotton in charge of this team. Fletch & Nance got given a hand grenade!

Fletcher didn't get given a hand grenade, he just wasn't up to it. Exactly the same as other ex players or promotees from within weren't up to it-I don't know if you possess much knowledge of Argyle's history but in the past we've given the managers job to Ufton, Kelly, Hodges, Hore, Jones and McCall, all former players or current coaches. And they were all disasters, no matter how much green they bled. If the current manager is to make way for someone new, then I hope against hope that Wotton isn't appointed, it just doesn't work at Argyle.

Aug 12, 2011
Greenskin":tovjkvt9 said:
gracie11":tovjkvt9 said:
Greenskin":tovjkvt9 said:
memory man":tovjkvt9 said:
gracie11":tovjkvt9 said:
Son!?

Fletcher didn't get given a hand grenade, he just wasn't up to it. Exactly the same as other ex players or promotees from within weren't up to it-I don't know if you possess much knowledge of Argyle's history but in the past we've given the managers job to Ufton, Kelly, Hodges, Hore, Jones and McCall, all former players or current coaches. And they were all disasters, no matter how much green they bled. If the current manager is to make way for someone new, then I hope against hope that Wotton isn't appointed, it just doesn't work at Argyle.

WOW, short term memory loss! Do YOU not remember the situation the club was in when he took over.....
Were paying off massive debts, financially mucked up for a couple of more years, who do you suggest is begging to take this job on?
Sheridan is a PR disaster(part time), with zero personality.
Wotton will bleed for this club, holds an A licence.
Right now Sheridans just pulled up at his home in the North and looking to chill out for a few days, but will be worried his stock is hitting the floor so needs to get another job shortly (Leeds-Hartlepool now gone).

G

Greenskin

gracie11":1wqeua32 said:
Greenskin":1wqeua32 said:
Greenskin":1wqeua32 said:
memory man":1wqeua32 said:
Son!?

WOW, short term memory loss! Do YOU not remember the situation the club was in when he took over.....
Were paying off massive debts, financially mucked up for a couple of more years, who do you suggest is begging to take this job on?
Sheridan is a PR disaster(part time), with zero personality.
Wotton will bleed for this club, holds an A licence.
Right now Sheridans just pulled up at his home in the North and looking to chill out for a few days, but will be worried his stock is hitting the floor so needs to get another job shortly (Leeds-Hartlepool now gone).

Oh dear. Yes, I well remember the situation that Fletcher inherited and indeed he did pull Argyle out of the cart in his first season, which was to his credit. I also remember the following season when Argyle were clearly going out of the football league under his management and it needed Sheridan to come in, turf out the accumulated rubbish and at least get Argyle in a position where missing out on the play offs was a disappointment rather than celebrating non relegation to the conference. He wasn't up to it, end of story and if you think things are bad now, just wait until if and when Wotton gets the job. Don't say you haven't been warned.

Aug 12, 2011
super points.
so Sheridan in your eyes stays?
What does he bring to the club in your humble opinion?
Please base your reply on the current league position, last 7 games, his commitment to the club (Leeds-Hartlepool), part time role (understand family up north), lack of training, training, where he will take us in next 2 years.
I thank u in advance

G

Greenskin

gracie11":2dt96kel said:
super points.
so Sheridan in your eyes stays?
What does he bring to the club in your humble opinion?
Please base your reply on the current league position, last 7 games, his commitment to the club (Leeds-Hartlepool), part time role (understand family up north), lack of training, training, where he will take us in next 2 years.
I thank u in advance

The "debate" didn't seem to be anything to do with whether Sheridan stays or not, as is surely obvious from reading earlier posts. You suggested Aaron Cusack and Paul Wotton as members of a possible new management/coaching team and I disagreed-it was your later post that brought in the subject of Sheridan's future. Comments about short term memory would appear to be rather ironic in view of the actual sequence of events.

Sheridan's future has been discussed on many separate threads and my views are documented elsewhere but for your information, IMHO he should certainly be judged on results [which are awful at the moment and very concerning even for someone who has tended to support the manager up until now ] rather than gossip or spiteful tittle tattle. Do you actually have any proof that Sheridan is at the club for only 3 days a week? Because if that is so, then it would seem to be a serious breach of contract [unless it was written in there that Sheridan was entitled to four days in Leeds per week, which I simply don't believe] and a disciplinary issue which his line manager, which is presumably Mr Starnes, should be investigating and actioning accordingly. If you do have the required evidence then I suggest you write to Mr Starnes for him to instigate the appropriate procedures. If on the other hand your views are based on second hand information from other sources, then I don't really think that would be a good basis for forming an opinion on the commitment or otherwise of the manager. It does strike me as very odd that the issue of Sheridan's dedication should be such a hot topic when Argyle are in a particularly bad run-it certainly wasn't an issue when Argyle were winning on a weekly basis.

Aug 12, 2011
Any updates on how the club intend to best use this coach and his qualification?

Looking at this season, surely working with the 18-21s to try and bridge the gap to the 1st team would be massive for Sherry.