Adams' Ego | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams' Ego

Aug 5, 2016
How could Adams expect the players to follow his instructions, tactics and decisions if he wasn't completely sure of himself?

If anyone doubts his methods, the results speak for themselves. Lost the title on goal difference, meaning no other team in last season's League Two won more points than DA's Plymouth Argyle.

Throw in his Ross County CV and the bloke is a proven winner.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Taking into consideration the final league positions, is there one single Argyle fan out there that would swap Derek Adams for Paul Cook?...........................Nope, thought not.

He's different, he's great and he's OURS!

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
That, into media persona. What DA says 'publicly' and what he thinks would seem vastly different, whereas someone like a Bobby Robson or a Kevin Hodges, for extremes, the gulf didn't seem so far.

Next season, lower half of table, same unattractive style, stadium disruption, all thus a repeat prickly relationship with 'negative' local press. For a couple years he'll need to live off those past achievements to sustain that essential ego, because unlikely much else coming immediately, but not much pressure either, he's guaranteed at least 18 months even with a relegation.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
For this past season I would Paraphrase Cloughie (love that man), I don`t know if I`m the best manager young man, but I`m definitely in the top one.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Ghost":1wh9tvqw said:
Taking into consideration the final league positions, is there one single Argyle fan out there that would swap Derek Adams for Paul Cook?...........................Nope, thought not.

He's different, he's great and he's OURS!

This...

If DA was Portsmouth manager they would have been up long ago.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
There's a lot to be said for self belief and delivering on it. Adams appears to like long term projects and drives a certain amount of loyalty towards his employers. Long may this continue. I have a feeling he will take us as far as he can until we plateau similar to Ross County then will move on to the next project. I think we are very fortunate to have him in charge along with Brent safely holding the keys to Home Park.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You're assuming it seems that Wigan haven't sniffed and been rebuked!

Just saying!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Why on Earth would anyone leave Pompey to go to a Mickey Mouse outfit like Wigan?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Ex Wigan player mate.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
...and Wigan are so much bigger than Pompey. :)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
justanotherfan":1hszkule said:
Ex Wigan player mate.

I never knew that. Mind you, he should know that Wigan is a tiny club then! :greensmile:

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Disney-man Eisner has made it known that he intends to appoint a director of football at Pompey if he takes the Club over. Paul Cook is clearly not happy about this, so another reason for him to be interested in the Wigan job. Not clever by Eisner.

If you have a manager, who like Derek Adams, delivers results, have faith in him.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
IJN":1ljgykq4 said:
justanotherfan":1ljgykq4 said:
Ex Wigan player mate.

I never knew that. Mind you, he should know that Wigan is a tiny club then! :greensmile:

Wicked. :twisted: