Adams on Sunderland's List (merged x 3) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams on Sunderland's List (merged x 3)

Dec 2, 2010
As I said at the start...McInnes and Adams were two names the Sunderland hierarchy were particularly keen on.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I wouldn't rule it out. I think Paul Lambert will be the next man approached, but with two men having already turned down the job there's no guarantee he'll want it either.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Adams is 50/1 with skybet so if you're confident........

Peter Reid is 40/1.

Field looks wide open. Anyone else wonder if it's worth a quid on Sunderland being relegated?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
cheshiregreen":18lxg216 said:
Adams is 50/1 with skybet so if you're confident........

Peter Reid is 40/1.

Field looks wide open. Anyone else wonder if it's worth a quid on Sunderland being relegated?
Definitely. Not in a great financial position despite their recent windfall. Current squad is awful and they need an appointment quickly for a complete overhaul.

May 8, 2011
Interesting talk from the Sunderland Chairman to their next potential manager.
'As you know we really didn't want you but as we are desperate you will have to do.'

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Neil Lennon is favourite for the Preston job, which is potentially interesting, because you'd have to assume Adams would be on Hibernian's shortlist to replace him.

Jul 29, 2010
Emeraldinho":3723e9ua said:
I doubt he'll last a season. Damaged goods imho.
I don't share that opinion. He was certainly damaged by his time at United but the level of ridicule was way out of proportion to his record, that post brings ridiculous attention levels and how he was treated by the media was indeed ridiculous. He has been tarnished by that experience ever since.

What he needs to do is go back to a club where that tarnish won't carry on. Preston is perfect for that, I predict he will be given the time and space to get back to the great manager he was. He'll do well there.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
X Isle":160tx9bq said:
Emeraldinho":160tx9bq said:
I doubt he'll last a season. Damaged goods imho.
I don't share that opinion. He was certainly damaged by his time at United but the level of ridicule was way out of proportion to his record, that post brings ridiculous attention levels and how he was treated by the media was indeed ridiculous. He has been tarnished by that experience ever since.

What he needs to do is go back to a club where that tarnish won't carry on. Preston is perfect for that, I predict he will be given the time and space to get back to the great manager he was. He'll do well there.

I could not agree more. He deserves rehabilitation time.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I think Moyes needs a year out of the game. Do what Adams did in his year off go abroad and learn from other coaches and just give himself some time to refresh.