Adams out | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams out

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":d9jwufgv said:
Steve Evans":d9jwufgv said:
Balham_Green":d9jwufgv said:
Pogleswoody":d9jwufgv said:
Sorry I've been away and missed a few posts. Who did UTL say that he wanted as the next Argyle manager?
Sorry, stupid of me but I missed his answer. :oops:

So there are no better managers around? I would love to see John Jeffries from Morecambe.
pogleswoody asked up the line about his choice and as usual no response.with regard to the morecambe manager,he isn't available.

Have you spoken to him?
yes. ;)

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
up_the_line":12q1483u said:
Just because I want Adams gone why does it mean that I have to know exactly who should be his successor. Do I only qualify for an opinion that Adams should go if I have first studied the list of available managers in infinite detail and be an expert in all their various skills and managerial style? Isn't that the job of club officials?!
Whoever comes next you can be sure that they'll have some stain on their copy book, what manager doesn't.. But off the top of my head someone like Brian McDermott or Alan Stubbs would be itching to return to management after some commendable success followed by brief periods of drought.
That's before you even look at the vast untapped resource of potential managers across Europe... Look at how well employing a b team manager worked out for Huddersfield for a case study.
Some people seem to automatically assume that just because Adams is our manager now he must be the best there is
if at some time in the future argyle did employ one of your offerings how many matches would you give him to justify his appointment?

Apr 29, 2016
Balham_Green":3r7hufv0 said:
Pogleswoody":3r7hufv0 said:
Sorry I've been away and missed a few posts. Who did UTL say that he wanted as the next Argyle manager?
Sorry, stupid of me but I missed his answer. :oops:

So there are no better managers around? I would love to see John Jeffries from Morecambe.

lol he's not even the Morecombe manager. If you mean Jim Bentley. Do you mean the manager who hasn't been able to get Morecambe out of the fourth division for 6 years. The one who had a win percentage of 30%. Umm what is Dereks win percentage? Well over 40%!!! How many other managers have they sort of record. Not that many!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:lol: :clap:

Made me smile.

But I think you're being disingenuous to Bentley Mr Boots. His skill is keeping that tiny club in the league in my book.

Apr 29, 2016
IJN":1g6gj2av said:
:lol: :clap:

Made me smile.

But I think you're being disingenuous to Bentley Mr Boots. His skill is keeping that tiny club in the league in my book.

Just can't believe this thread when he has the best Win percentage record of any permanent Argyle manager since the early 1900's. Just plain crazy!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think it's possibly more to do with the style of football rather than results mate. Reading back, that seems to be the problem.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
But we've improved the style of football in League One from how we approached games last season? It's only results that have dropped, but bar Walsall performances have been largely entertaining. People are getting knee jerky over results and covering it up as crying over 1 up front. 2 up front is less attacking and exciting than our 3 behind the 1. We just need to hit the fricken thing on target and stop the lulls in concentration at the back.

Sep 28, 2003
London
I wish we could outlaw the phrase "knee jerk", it's such a lazy way to dismiss people's frustrations and gets used well after it's stopped being accurate.

See also, "green tint".

A

andyr1963

Balham_Green":3gkovk5r said:
andyr1963":3gkovk5r said:
Balham_Green":3gkovk5r said:
Tisdale would do a better job.

Tisdale has been given the time / patience. Hopefully Argyle will do the same.

When the next winning streak comes along this thread will quickly be forgotten. :scarf:

How long has Adams been here now?

End of season 2015? Two years and a few months. Your point?

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
up_the_line":g5l5ex4d said:
Just because I want Adams gone why does it mean that I have to know exactly who should be his successor. Do I only qualify for an opinion that Adams should go if I have first studied the list of available managers in infinite detail and be an expert in all their various skills and managerial style? Isn't that the job of club officials?!
Whoever comes next you can be sure that they'll have some stain on their copy book, what manager doesn't.. But off the top of my head someone like Brian McDermott or Alan Stubbs would be itching to return to management after some commendable success followed by brief periods of drought.
That's before you even look at the vast untapped resource of potential managers across Europe... Look at how well employing a b team manager worked out for Huddersfield for a case study.
Some people seem to automatically assume that just because Adams is our manager now he must be the best there is

Your argument is a pointless circular one of 'what if's' and 'could be's'!
We have the most successful manager for many years, working under strict budgetry controls. He has developed some great squads at Argyle these past years and won promotion from the 'basement'.
Although we have started slowly this season we have had periods of dominance in matches and been creating chances.
Because of this I'm confident that our fortunes will turn around.
I don't understand your seemingly pathological dislike of DA.
We need to get behind the team and the manager. This team is nowhere near the worst I've seen at HP!