AFT Chair's Update Club Statement | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT Chair's Update Club Statement

G

Green Barmy Bill52

As yet there has not been an answer to Quizmikes question and one that I would also like to know an answer to, Did the statement issued by the AFT come about as the result of the membership being asked their views, or is it as I seem to think the opinion of the top few " heads " . Surely on something as important as this where you are using the AFT name there should have been a vote on it, it may have taken a while but it should have been done. It seems from the survey taken in close season that the vote in respect of the buying of the ground was split 50/50. , so therefore if that close surely it would have been democratic to hold a vote of your members, as it stands at the moment you cannot state that your statement is that of the whole of the AFT, using the 50/50 results mentioned I would say that only approx 500 persons would have voted for this statement , you are suggesting JB should do as you wish with a vote from just approx 7.5% of the fan base who turn up each week. JB does listen to us, for instance with regards the kit, He as Owner of the club has to ensure what he and his board do what is right and proper for the club as a whole, to date he seems to have done, so far as far as I can make out it is a few people whose noses have been put out of joint, who are doing the moaning, unless of course you can show that you held a majority vote to act, I would then accept the view of the statement being a democratic vote,

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Green Barmy Bill52":2xax0ief said:
It seems from the survey taken in close season that the vote in respect of the buying of the ground was split 50/50. , so therefore if that close surely it would have been democratic to hold a vote of your members, as it stands at the moment you cannot state that your statement is that of the whole of the AFT, using the 50/50 results mentioned I would say that only approx 500 persons would have voted for this statement , you are suggesting JB should do as you wish with a vote from just approx 7.5% of the fan base who turn up each week. JB does listen to us, for instance with regards the kit, He as Owner of the club has to ensure what he and his board do what is right and proper for the club as a whole, to date he seems to have done, so far as far as I can make out it is a few people whose noses have been put out of joint, who are doing the moaning, unless of course you can show that you held a majority vote to act, I would then accept the view of the statement being a democratic vote,
It was actually (in rough %'s)
50% in favour of the club buying the ground
30% against the club buying the ground
20% unsure

Green Rhino":1x41chh2 said:
Re the statement on the OS dated 25.8.16: it is completely disingenuous to state that the Club not Mr Brent, has the right to buy the freehold, given that Mr Brent is effectively the owner of the club.

The Club should respond to the issue not try and wriggle out using a semantic bureaucratic smokescreen.

Put simply - the freehold should remain in public hands.
Well said Green Rhino.

I think it's fairly obvious who's edged away from whom - the AFT have no reason to withdraw from dialogue with the club without serious provocation. The club have thrown their toys out the pram after the AFT secured the ACV status.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Thomas Edwards":2y6u7r1t said:
It's his club, he saved us, it's his money.

Let him get on with it. He doesn't owe the AFT anything, particularly freebies and perks.

Unless the bank sheet is telling us red or he's doing anything illegal leave him to it.

He's a successful businessman and this is one of his ventures.

In how many industries would you expect a say at board level because you didn't like a product?
Were the customers though. Engagement with customers at every level of a business is critical.

May 8, 2011
Very few businesses engage with their customers apart from selling the product or through specially selected focus groups.
Argyle regular engage with their customers through open meetings when any issue can be raised.
Last week Martyn Starnes attended Senior Greens and took questions and next week Derek Adams is attendeing the Cornish Supporters meeting.
Not many customers have this level of access to question the senior management of other 'businesses'.