AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept* | Page 51 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

AFT statement on HHP development and **new update 19th Sept*

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Ottawa Green":3twz8wf1 said:
I have a dim memory of going to school in Plymouth, too. Right up to the age of 18.

Yeah but DHS does'nt count :coat:

OG own goal there... Peter Jones is ex Plymouth College as is Simon Hallett, David Felwick is ex DHS.Unless of course you have Whooshed dear old Odders.Living next door to Alice and all that.....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Isondil":ck36opne said:
IJN":ck36opne said:
Greenrod":ck36opne said:
Wasn't Simon Hallett brought up in Plymouth?

I think my (and Chancellor's) point was about people living locally. It really referred to the objectors but was somewhat sidelined.

Where do you draw the line? To me “locally” to home park is Milehouse or cental park area.

Very often, not suggesting you per se, those that are local will object on nimby-ism. Like the idea but just don’t want it built near theym. In many cases I’ve read supporters want the Grandstand but none of the supporting facilities.

I know the objectors support and want what is best for the club, to their minds, but at what cost? I mean to say, failure to get these plans through, means there are little to no additional non-matchday income which as we’ve seen feom the Sandy Park model represents circa £6m extra income to the club. So what is so catastrophic about the extra income to Home Park?

I use the park at least three times a week, and I was bough up feet away from the 'gate' opposite the Brit. Everytime I use it, I glory at the beauty of the place (genuinely).

I think I have more right than some bloke who used to live here and now lives in Leeds (as an example) simple as that really.

Saying that, and I agree entirely, I'm not sure I wouldn't be an objector if I lived in Outland Road, I think I would have objected to the Life Centre and this one to be honest.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The traffic survey undertaken over two 12 hour periods during September (including when the circus was at Central Park) at five key junctions along Outland Road immediately around Central Park found the junctions to be currently operating well within capacity.

The modelling forecast through to year 2022 predicts the same five junctions will still operate within capacity despite the extra traffic from the development.

The same survey looked at car parking and said there was spare capacity at the Park and Ride car park and this was adequate to accommodate the slight overspill of parking from the development.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
IJN":9ky1ocbj said:
'Old Plymouth Man'? :wave:

Its annoying to admit, but Peter is a year younger than me!

Also worth noting, both he and David F are both current Directors of Argyle. I recall the earlier announcement which indicated they would be replaced. No news reported to Companies House so guess they are still being sought.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I believe both are standing down after a 6 year stint Tony. However I must admit I have better things to do than check Companies House, that's a bit 'snoopy' in my book but there you go!

When I made my comment about having more Plymothians on the board, I didn't realise that both were still on there as both had mentioned they were standing down. But as I say, it was countering a comment by Chancellor I think.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
IJN":lvh8fi5q said:
I believe both are standing down after a 6 year stint Tony. However I must admit I have better things to do than check Companies House, that's a bit 'snoopy' in my book but there you go!

When I made my comment about having more Plymothians on the board, I didn't realise that both were still on there as both had mentioned they were standing down. But as I say, it was countering a comment by Chancellor I think.

There is nothing worse, for me, than to get facts wrong, so I tend to check before typing:)

BTW, I did see your remark young monkey and I resemble it:)

May 8, 2011
If the application is going to the meeting of 16th November as has been mentioned then we should know on Wednesday or Thursday this week if the Council’s planning officers are recommending approval or rejection as the agenda for the meeting will be made public.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I believe PCC are not quite ready yet and the meeting could now be on the 23rd.