Anybody else enjoy yesterday? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anybody else enjoy yesterday?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Cobi Budge.":1rodvgez said:
In the heat of the moment, I was livid at letting a 1 goal lead slip...again.

On reflection, it wasn't a bad result, not a bad second half performance, Cambridge is a good away day, and the season isn't yet over.

Simples.

COYG.
It wasn't a bad second half performance but the players should have 'quite rightly' been booed off. And today you say is not the time for whinging and moaning. I'm profoundly confused

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Cobi Budge.":16as70o1 said:
The day out? The second half? The town? The stadium? The beer? Or am I the only one? :lol:

I'm far from a happy clapper but Pasoti seems a depressing place right now. We're all disappointed that we didn't finish top 3, but now isn't a time to winge, to moan, to doubt or even to talk about next season. THIS season is far from over.
Cobi, you are unbelievable.

One minute you're giving us sanctimonious lectures of how we should support the team regardless, then Cambridge score a goal and you're telling the world that the players do not not deserve our support and should be booed off the field.

Your sycophantic support of Adams is contradicted by your criticism of his team shape and tactics.

You are a classic Argyle knee-jerker. Take a position and stick with it.

As for this season?

It has to be seen from the position we were in in January - not August - when we were top and Adams told us we were better than Northampton.

C

Cobi Budge.

1. Goals change games & therefore often the way we perceive them, that's football.

2. There is such a thing as the 'heat of the moment'.

3. There is also such a thing as reflection.

4. I've been pretty consistent over the course of the season in saying that we've done well, but we could/should be doing better. And no, I don't attribute any blame to Adams for yesterday, at all.

5. COYG.

May 1, 2011
Cobi Budge.":15tqbmb1 said:
1. Goals change games & therefore often the way we perceive them, that's football.

2. There is such a thing as the 'heat of the moment'.

3. There is also such a thing as reflection.

4. I've been pretty consistent over the course of the season in saying that we've done well, but we could/should be doing better. And no, I don't attribute any blame to Adams for yesterday, at all.

5. COYG.

Good point on number 4, he is only the manger after all. Had we won 5 nil he would have got no praise either.

Sep 13, 2003
up_the_line":16g6l1s8 said:
Cobi Budge.":16g6l1s8 said:
In the heat of the moment, I was livid at letting a 1 goal lead slip...again.

On reflection, it wasn't a bad result, not a bad second half performance, Cambridge is a good away day, and the season isn't yet over.

Simples.

COYG.
It wasn't a bad second half performance but the players should have 'quite rightly' been booed off. And today you say is not the time for whinging and moaning. I'm profoundly confused

Cobi Budge, backtracking on his previous posts....never!

C

Cobi Budge.

We were all crying out for Adams to use the 352. He did.

When it was clear that Cambridge were getting on top & that we needed to win (other results), we all said that we needed a change of shape. Adams changed the shape and we went one up.

The two goals we conceded were down to poor basic, defending.

Adams tweaked the formation again & again we scored, we really should have won but Boateng twice fluffed simple chances.

Adams got his tactics spot on throughout. Individuals let him & us down.

Jan 3, 2013
I'm more annoyed at leaving when Cambridge scored their second. 14 hours on a coach to miss a goal, still that's my right isn't it

May 1, 2011
Cobi Budge.":3lpxz7vp said:
We were all crying out for Adams to use the 352. He did.

When it was clear that Cambridge were getting on top & that we needed to win (other results), we all said that we needed a change of shape. Adams changed the shape and we went one up.

The two goals we conceded were down to poor basic, defending.

Adams tweaked the formation again & again we scored, we really should have won but Boateng twice fluffed simple chances.

Adams got his tactics spot on throughout. Individuals let him & us down.

The buck stops at Adams. It did before Christmas and it does now.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Never let the football ruin a good day out at the football. I never go to a game expecting to win. Nothing is ever guaranteed in this game. The only day ruined by football for me this season was Exeter away. Not only had we capitulated in a game that we had total control of against our local rivals, it was the match that made me realise we weren't going up and my optimism for our season run dry. I look forward to the play offs in that I'll get to go to two games with terrific atmospheres, but I don't believe we'll win them.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Overall I enjoyed the day Losing again in the last five minutes would have been awful but there's nothing like an injury time goal to lift spirits. Exciting game in which both teams gave their al as witnessed by the players from both teams lying prostrate on the pitch at the final whistle. Also, Cambridge fans actually made a noise and with a large GA following the atmosphere was second only to Pompey for the matches I've attended this season.
I didn't enjoy seeing us play in lilac and I didn't like the fact that the three nearest pubs were all closed for the afternoon & the supporters bar was full by 1pm. Excellent view from stand & both goals scored at our end.

May 8, 2011
Yesterdays game was a lot lot better than the performance against Cambridge last year, that was the first game of the season and we came away thinking it's going to be a long season.

I enjoyed it but then again i didnt go. Listened on the radio to sparksy whilst getting amused
by all the manic emotions of people posting on the match thread. I was more interested in
who was fit and the formation than reviving our auto hopes. That went last week for me.
Interested that the defence warmed up with a 4 and yet we played with a 3. Makes me think
we have been practising all week with 352 with the intention to switch to a back 4 later
in the game. I was pleased he started 352 and kaiser carl and sawyer returned. Ben we
need on the bench as we have no centre mid cover. Sawyer helps defending set pieces as well.
It didnt sound like the 2 strikers matt/jervis worked as well as at orient. Which is a pity.
I wonder if he might try tanner or wylde off matt on saturday if rueben isnt available again.
The trickery of tanner combining with carey was a big positive against daggers. Wyldes pace
might work as well feeding off matt if we get pushed back. He has got a knack of scoring
goals in the box as well.
We made the changes just after derry made his attacking change. Not sure what the new formation was
but CE said 433 with tanner and wylde off matt. The game then opened up but we then lost mchugh
and hartley to injury. Really hope there not serious. End to end then finishing 2-2. Sounded like
a very exciting finish. 2-2 a good result to me. Showed character again to come back.
So now we need to find out about injuries again. I guess he may be going 352 now to frustrate
and then open up the games later. Rope a dope to wembley glory. Heres hoping. :scarf:

It was a great day out. As others have mentioned, Cambridge is a lovely place.

Have to point out how refreshing it was to have some comical half time entertainment!

Rather than wheeling out Steve Davey & asking him about his favourite memories of his time at Argyle (which were the same as they were the previous 6 times this season) - they actually made an effort! The kick the ball into the skip & win £1,000 thing, the 3 games of kids 5-a-side & the other insane thing with the knocking each other over (no idea what was going on but it was funny to watch).

The 2nd half was great & if Boateng could have got his head over with one of those shots at the death, we'd have walked away with 3 points!

HC Green":1f2vkr7r said:
Yesterdays game was a lot lot better than the performance against Cambridge last year, that was the first game of the season and we came away thinking it's going to be a long season.
Yes, quite agree, CU fans were cock a hoop with that result, but we finished above them at the end of the day, the same this season.

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
All in all a real good day out. Dared to kid myself after the Orient game that the game at Cambridge could, just could, see us achieve automatic promotion. Ha Ha. Heart ruling over head again but never mind.
Pleasure to be out with the GA as ever, an exciting last 20 minutes and now the playoffs to look forward to.
Certainly different to 3 years ago and the lead up to that nervous day at Rochdale, scary times then. Today looking forward to/apprehensive about the lottery of the playoffs and a chance to go Wembley as in '96. Can't be bad.