Argyle in Devon St Luke's Cup-tie at Barnstaple Tues 7.30pm | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle in Devon St Luke's Cup-tie at Barnstaple Tues 7.30pm

Aug 24, 2011
Yes all over. Decent game to watch and a fairly professional performance. Some very good young performances in there and lameieres looked good all night.

Ottawa Green":16zgdvsv said:
I am not surprised as i checked suttons recent games on sunday and he wasnt getting
a look in. Disappointing.
I was interested to read in the sunday indy that jamie reid is on yet another loan to torquay from
excretia. I was then surprised to find that it is now five seasons since he turned pro.
So 23 years of age now and tisdale still backing and showing faith in him.
Perhaps we need to show a bit more faith like this in our young players too?
Giving them even more time to develop like vassell eventually did.
Perhaps gary owers the new TUFC manager might take some of our lads to join him there now.
He possibly knows some of our lads from his time as youth coach here 5 years ago.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
There has to be big punishments for straight red violent conducts.

Head butts and kicking out should be nipped in the bud at the level and there's no excuses.

Feb 28, 2016
Pilgrim28":3j46mgtt said:
Bentley is back!

And boy didn't he have a decent game?! Something just didn't seem right when he was away, no matter how briefly, I couldn't put my finger on it was we were missing, until last night! Jordan and Callum work so well together, it is not until they are split up you really notice any mistakes in their games. Whilst it is unlikely, I think we need to look at developing them together, bring them through as a partnership, instead pf individually because they undoubtedly bring out the very best in each other. I know its only been a couple of weeks and (no disrespect to the likes of Harry Downing, who has really stepped up to plate this season,) but welcome back Jordan we have missed you! Nothing wrong with the tackle on NB for me, although both could have gone for an early bath given the afters.

Alex Battle has in late September, more GOALS than GAMES, including this fixture which is higher than the SWPL. People rightly ask about if Fletcher is too good for the SWPL and ask if, he is good enough for L1. Everyone needs to start asking that question about Alex Battle! IMO there has never been nothing between them and this continues to this day, Batts was unlucky not to get a second which would have been much better than the one he did get, he stuck the ball in the net after some exquisite play only to marginally, be given off side.

Well done to Luke, great for him to bag a brace! I think Matt Ward has really upped his game, upped his physical presence, he will be a real contender come the end of the season. All in all a good result, don't think our defence or goalie could have done anything about their goal which was a screamer!

Feb 28, 2016
Fat_green_belly":37j0u26t said:
Ottawa Green":37j0u26t said:
I am not surprised as i checked suttons recent games on sunday and he wasnt getting
a look in. Disappointing.
I was interested to read in the sunday indy that jamie reid is on yet another loan to torquay from
excretia. I was then surprised to find that it is now five seasons since he turned pro.
So 23 years of age now and tisdale still backing and showing faith in him.
Perhaps we need to show a bit more faith like this in our young players too?
Giving them even more time to develop like vassell eventually did.
Perhaps gary owers the new TUFC manager might take some of our lads to join him there now.
He possibly knows some of our lads from his time as youth coach here 5 years ago.

Well they did say he was only signed for cover and apparently all the players who were 50/50, who he was going to cover for, turned out to be fit enough! Perfect sense to bring him back here, no shame in it, would rather he wasn't playing RB on a plastic pitch anyway! It was the right move at the time but it is also the right move back for his development.

Aug 24, 2011
MarkMatthews":2gdqj544 said:
Pilgrim28":2gdqj544 said:
Bentley is back!

And boy didn't he have a decent game?! Something just didn't seem right when he was away, no matter how briefly, I couldn't put my finger on it was we were missing, until last night! Jordan and Callum work so well together, it is not until they are split up you really notice any mistakes in their games. Whilst it is unlikely, I think we need to look at developing them together, bring them through as a partnership, instead pf individually because they undoubtedly bring out the very best in each other. I know its only been a couple of weeks and (no disrespect to the likes of Harry Downing, who has really stepped up to plate this season,) but welcome back Jordan we have missed you! Nothing wrong with the tackle on NB for me, although both could have gone for an early bath given the afters.

Alex Battle has in late September, more GOALS than GAMES, including this fixture which is higher than the SWPL. People rightly ask about if Fletcher is too good for the SWPL and ask if, he is good enough for L1. Everyone needs to start asking that question about Alex Battle! IMO there has never been nothing between them and this continues to this day, Batts was unlucky not to get a second which would have been much better than the one he did get, he stuck the ball in the net after some exquisite play only to marginally, be given off side.

Well done to Luke, great for him to bag a brace! I think Matt Ward has really upped his game, upped his physical presence, he will be a real contender come the end of the season. All in all a good result, don't think our defence or goalie could have done anything about their goal which was a screamer!

A good account of the evening. Yes there goal was scored by one of my brothers friends, he played for Torquay and had a pro contract around 6 years ago, he even played and got an assist in the FA cup for them. But his attitude meant they didn't like what they saw and Torquay released him.

Dec 29, 2011
Was also at this game .I just got a hunch that Blisset's body language wasn't right from the start, even in the pre match warm up .Maybe he is struggling to get round the fact that he is not starting games ,with our current paucity of strikers ,and the fact that the prolific Ciftci seems to be the first on the team sheet each week.