Argyle interested in Rhys Healey (or winger) from Cardiff | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle interested in Rhys Healey (or winger) from Cardiff

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I still think it's Noone coming to us.

He's not in the first team plans at Cardiff and it's doubtful if Cardiff would let him join a rival Championship club and if he's not good enough for Cardiff why would a midtable to lower Championship club sign him?
So then Noone and Cardiff would look at League One and might think it's better to join Argyle who are pushing for promotion and a club both Noone and Warnock know well. There were also the comments from Warnock that he's letting an exciting player join us on loan.

The problem would be the wages but you would expect Cardiff to pay most of that and would probably insist he plays a lot of games.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I did'nt realise Noone is now 29, he has played 144 games for Cardiff and scored 14 goals, all these games in the Championship or Premier devisions. He has particpated in 20 Championship games this season.

Also hard to believe it was 31 December 2010 that he was transferred to Brighton

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
29? Crickey! I remember the first time he turned out for Argyle and he was taking practise corners in the warm-up and my wife couldn't believe he was a footballer as his legs were so thin!
Assuming he hasn't had a massive drop in form this season he'd be a fantastic loan signing.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I had this down as a non starter.

However events are conspiring to make me think differently. We have additional cash to potentially help cover more of his wage. The Cup revenue plus we might soon be receiving a sizeable six figure sum when Hourihane signs for Villa.

In addition, we may also ending Goodwillie's employment soon which as well as freeing up his wage also opens up an extra place in the squad.

Cardiff fans say he has played more as a right sided midfielder lately and this has been in tandem with his loss of form, his best performances were always as a left winger - sure he could do a job there for us.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Would be incredibly hard on Slew who I thought has really turned a corner lately but I would absolutely not say no to Noone coming back; although I can't see it.

Jul 3, 2013
Both Brighton and Norwich are interested in Noone , the latter have been chasing him for a long time.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
warney":m6hku99w said:
29? Crickey! I remember the first time he turned out for Argyle and he was taking practise corners in the warm-up and my wife couldn't believe he was a footballer as his legs were so thin!
Assuming he hasn't had a massive drop in form this season he'd be a fantastic loan signing.
This always sticks in my mind about him:

Sturrock said: "His first quote to a friend of mine, who he stayed with, was, 'Do we actually get paid in the close season as well'?

"The laddie had been getting up at seven o'clock in the morning to work as a roofer.

"Now he can have six weeks off in the summer and get paid for it."

Feb 2, 2007
I can't believe how many posters whose opinions and insight into matches I respect have talked themselves into the possibility that Noone may sign on for us. No chance!