Argyle Takeover/Chinese Takeaway? (speculation) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Takeover/Chinese Takeaway? (speculation)

G

Greenskin

X Isle":10dv85aj said:
And why invest at L2 level anyway.

JB said he wanted to get us to the championship, I reckon that'll be when any outside investment/takeover will come, not before.

Most of the clubs who have left Argyle behind in recent years [Bournemouth,Brentford,Reading,Swansea,Cardiff,Hull etc],obtained their investment when they were in the lower divisions in exactly the same way as Watford and Wigan did in previous times. It isn't current status that matters but having the vision to see what could be done with the right backing-this is precisely the time that the board should be leaving no stone unturned in seeking the funding that would propel the club forwards on and off the field.If no such investment is available then fair enough but at least try rather than making public statements about not seeking extra help and apparently having to rely "on having a lucky season like Burnley did" to make progress in the second tier should we ever get back there.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Derek Adams would have been sacked for losing three games in a row if any Chinese owned the club. No thanks. Keep with JB. Sure and steady progress preferred, no knee jerks wanted,

Balham_Green":35tzro6d said:
foreigner":35tzro6d said:
Surely this should be on rumours?

Exactly. Load of nonsense.

It is NOT a rumour but a serious question to which the more articulate of readers would give some topical thought.

The rest would be find it so difficult to formulate an opinion of ANY meaningful sort !!

As China is awash with football money at the moment, it is NOT beyond the realms of possibility to seek a "sleeping giant" and see it progress ?

For a relatively small investment.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

L

lambanog

TinTin":6068p8yf said:
Balham_Green":6068p8yf said:
foreigner":6068p8yf said:

It is NOT a rumour but a serious question to which the more articulate of readers would give some topical thought.

The rest would be find it so difficult to formulate an opinion of ANY meaningful sort !!

As China is awash with football money at the moment, it is NOT beyond the realms of possibility to seek a "sleeping giant" and see it progress ?

Fully with TinTin on his comments, he is dead right he offered a serious question, which is not speculation nor rumour but a straight question

Sep 6, 2006
It's a serious question that some Chinese investors could buy Argyle on the basis of seeing them getting stuffed in a one off cup game is it?

Aug 5, 2016
TinTin":d01elv51 said:
Balham_Green":d01elv51 said:
foreigner":d01elv51 said:

Yes, but no Chinese investor is interested in Argyle (nor is one likely to read Pasoti among his/her morning business reports) so in summary this thread doesn't offer a great deal than blind and desperate speculation.

Why stop at China? Don't rule out any African, Russian, Middle East, South American or Indian businessman who may be curious about a struggling 4th tier club on the telly.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
foreigner":2ur9qqhe said:
Why on earth has this been put on Rumours? It's not even a rumour. It was a legitimate 'just a thought', 'what if?' question.
The Mods obviously came to the conclusion that there weren't enough soddin' Liverpool threads (10 at the last count) on the Main Board.

L

lambanog

Knibbsworth":13foktgs said:
TinTin":13foktgs said:
Balham_Green":13foktgs said:
foreigner":13foktgs said:

Yes, but no Chinese investor is interested in Argyle (nor is one likely to read Pasoti among his/her morning business reports) so in summary this thread doesn't offer a great deal than blind and desperate speculation.

Why stop at China? Don't rule out any African, Russian, Middle East, South American or Indian businessman who may be curious about a struggling 4th tier club on the telly.

I think if you were A more seasoned traveler, you might be more in a position to make comments on China and the Chinese. I am from Plymouth, I served with 3 Cdo Brigade, I have lived in Hong Kong and China since 1977, I run a very popular restaurant here in Dongguan, South China, we manufacture our own pies and pasties as well as stock Sandford Orchards Cider and Dartmoor Beers.
Dongguan is the factory giant of the world, I have two regular customers, both owners of shoe factories manufacturing shoes such as Ecco, Clarkes, adidas, and they are multi millionaires, one, at my suggestion, has just purchased a huge property near Plymouth on the edge of Dartmoor, and he plans to retire there in the future.
He comes to us for a full English breakfast every Saturday and Sunday and never stops asking more about Devon, Plymouth and Argyle, he is almost fanatical. One does not have to be a Pasoti reader, word of mouth is more important, and to answer your question who wants to buy a struggling 4th Tier club the answer is "buy low and sell high" Argyle are a classic catch, size of Plymouth, catchment area etc. YOU NEVER KNOW !

Sep 6, 2006
lambanog":qsti96ab said:
Knibbsworth":qsti96ab said:
TinTin":qsti96ab said:
Balham_Green":qsti96ab said:
foreigner":qsti96ab said:

I think if you were A more seasoned traveler, you might be more in a position to make comments on China and the Chinese. I am from Plymouth, I served with 3 Cdo Brigade, I have lived in Hong Kong and China since 1977, I run a very popular restaurant here in Dongguan, South China, we manufacture our own pies and pasties as well as stock Sandford Orchards Cider and Dartmoor Beers.
Dongguan is the factory giant of the world, I have two regular customers, both owners of shoe factories manufacturing shoes such as Ecco, Clarkes, adidas, and they are multi millionaires, one, at my suggestion, has just purchased a huge property near Plymouth on the edge of Dartmoor, and he plans to retire there in the future.
He comes to us for a full English breakfast every Saturday and Sunday and never stops asking more about Devon, Plymouth and Argyle, he is almost fanatical. One does not have to be a Pasoti reader, word of mouth is more important, and to answer your question who wants to buy a struggling 4th Tier club the answer is "buy low and sell high" Argyle are a classic catch, size of Plymouth, catchment area etc. YOU NEVER KNOW !

Classic catch. Really? well there dont seem to be long line of investors queueing up!

Sep 6, 2006
Ghost":2jl00ipz said:
foreigner":2jl00ipz said:
Why on earth has this been put on Rumours? It's not even a rumour. It was a legitimate 'just a thought', 'what if?' question.
The Mods obviously came to the conclusion that there weren't enough soddin' Liverpool threads (10 at the last count) on the Main Board.

rumours and CONJECTURE!

Jan 26, 2009
Tamerton Foliot
A great post from Lambanog! Football is now HUGE in China, and Mr BIG's are going to want a slice, just like arab sheiks. Keep spreading the word - you never know what might turn up...............................

L

lambanog

Thank you Mercedes, so many posters on here have their heads stuck in the Devon sands, the world is big and China is huge, both in population and $$$$¥$¥¥¥"""". Look at the latest suggested transfers relating to Tevez and the suggested weekly salary, Even Rooney is being sought (God knows why) but hey this is the world and who can explain it