Argyle training regime | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle training regime

Aug 3, 2017
I must admit I like the idea of a double session at the beginning of the week because he'll have to bring it down at the emd of the week for the travel.

My only bugbear is that for all the extra, we should be set piece marvels. Both attacking amd defending.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Isondil":1ncsp0nd said:
I must admit I like the idea of a double session at the beginning of the week because he'll have to bring it down at the emd of the week for the travel.

My only bugbear is that for all the extra, we should be set piece marvels. Both attacking amd defending.

That's a very good point.You would think we should be experts with all the extra training. Also, what quantifies a double session? One football clubs single session could have the same intensity at another teams double session.

Lev Yashin

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Aug 1, 2017
Canada
9.30am--12noon two and a half hour lunch 2.30--4.30pm.
Morning for running off the last night excess.
Nice lunch and nap.
Afternoon to hone the tactics and skills.( :funny: )
Somebody mentioned 70,000 per year as average earnings.
Travel the country nice hotel good meals .
NICE! :thumbs:

Jul 13, 2006
I think it is a valid question to ask what these training sessions are and are they achieving results.
Any one actually watch the training anymore?

May 8, 2011
foreigner":b9xl6kyu said:
I think it is a valid question to ask what these training sessions are and are they achieving results.

Yes, I've been invited to watch a couple.

The training regime isn't new this season, they've been doing it since 2015, it would appear that it achieves results.

Jun 2, 2016
From 9-5 Monday to Saturday you are Argyle's property.
If DA wants you running non-stop in those hours so be it.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
HC Green":2vlfydaa said:
foreigner":2vlfydaa said:

The training regime isn't new this season, they've been doing it since 2015, it would appear that it achieves results.

Would you say they are intensive sessions foreigner?

Feb 17, 2017
For all we know every other club in league one could be doing double training sessions also, or potentially much more productive single sessions, or maybe they have better training facilities and coaches. One thing is for sure we should be doing more not less

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
Emu":39vjicix said:
HC Green":39vjicix said:
foreigner":39vjicix said:

You mean HC GREEN.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Emu":yrqemegl said:
HC Green":yrqemegl said:
foreigner":yrqemegl said:

Derek talked to the Cornish Branch on Tuesday about this Phil.

He said it was very varied, some intensive and some far more relaxed.

Aug 22, 2006
The thing is you can't use the argument about them being paid lots of money (in comparison to your average job) and the hours they train. That's nothing to do with it. It's how our players are better prepared physically and mentally compared with the rest of the teams in this league. If it means intensive training for 5 hours or 20 hours... results are what count. The only thing that I've always been intrigued with (especially in terms of your modern day player) is who stays behind and practices and what sort of training is dedicated to specific skills. You can always improve and be a better player with extra practice especially in terms of ball skills, set pieces... that's not going to knacker you out as such. Fitness wise the management should be able to monitor this and get the best out of the players. So I suppose there can be a legitimate debate on the specific training regime, but player salary doesn't really come into it (well money does in terms of facilities.)