Argyle v Hull Matchday Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD | Page 27 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle v Hull Matchday Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD

BBC report on Birmingham's game:

"Blues had to win to stand any chance of staying up - and they did that thanks to a 55th-minute header from South Korea international Paik Seung-ho, his first goal for the club.

But they also needed one of the three other games to go their way - Plymouth at home to Millwall, Sheffield Wednesday at Sunderland and John Eustace's Blackburn Rovers at Leicester."

And the commentator on Argyle TV kept saying Stoke!
That commentator was rubbish with a Chinese mike

May 26, 2015
Why do we need to call anyone out at all? I thought we'd lose today, but figured we might stay up on goal difference. I'm delighted to be wrong. In December I expected a much less stressful run in than this. A wonderful day.
I agree. No post-mortem needed on second thoughts. Come on you glorious Greens ( with black and white and no antipodean gold).

Reactions: The Pasty Kid
Apr 9, 2024
Amazing day for us! I'll admit I couldn't see us winning against a motivated Hull, but so happy to be proved wrong. If there was ever a moment that epitomised Joe Edwards, there you have it. Probably the shortest guy on the pitch, leapt like his life depended on it to plant a header into the corner and keep us up. That photo of him celebrating looks like he jumped even higher!
I'm proper miffed at Norwich for not doing their bit, but I'm relieved we just took matters into our own hands.
The journey continues - 5 years of continued progress. A Wycombe fan has come on here and commented on our great achievement, and when you sit down and analyse the season, it does feel like another success story, when you consider all that went wrong from Christmas.
Hoping Cooper now stays and gets an improved contract. Hoping they give Edwards a knighthood, and if I'm honest I hope we cash in on Whittaker - for me he's not a team player, and that is what Argyle are all about. I'm sure people will disagree but that's what I feel. Argyle have shown this season that the 'whole is greater than the sum of its parts'.
COYG. See you next season in the championship.

Last edited:

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
I'm celebrating big time, but prefer not to with people who gave our team away without qualification. They can celebrate after due reflection!
I don’t think you get to choose who gets to do what, when. Self righteousness is not a good look. Added to the Ignore list.