Argyle V Southend Predictions Thread. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle V Southend Predictions Thread.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
samjones":32l1avui said:
Bore draw

0 - 0

1 point nearer safety

And I'd take that right now.

Wouldn't have at the beginning of the season.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Cerbera":mcdpwynu said:
Tugboat":mcdpwynu said:
samjones":mcdpwynu said:
Bore draw

0 - 0

1 point nearer safety

And I'd take that right now.

Wouldn't have at the beginning of the season.

Why Tuggers?

Do you feel that this season (albeit early doors) is fronting up to be another mid table obscurity?

I started off a bit more 'glass half full' and albeit only 3 games in I've got a dwelling feeling that are 'standard' is going to be as inconsistent as last season with 1 outstanding performance out of a group of 3/4 below average ones.

I know it's early days before anyone jumps down my throat but we need a real spark to get this season started. I'd we could have followed on from Exeter that could have been it but we didn't.

P

Paul_Roberts

If McHugh starts at left-back then we'll lose, if not then we might nick a narrow win.

We've got to start putting a run together or else we'll be playing catch-up again.

A

acorn

I'll miss the game as I'm photographing a wedding in BATH. It's on Argyle Street and the choir are call the Argyle Players :lol:

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
McCormick

O'Connor
Nelson
Hartley
Purrington

Smalley
Cox
Norburn
Thomas

Reid
Banton

Subs: Bittner, Mellor, McHugh, Allen, Harvey, Alessandra, Morgan.

1-0 win, own goal.

Apr 17, 2013
In view of the up and down nature of the start of the season I think the team will be up for this one. JS will have worked on defending set pieces and tightened things up. 1-0 Argyle.

B

Beercan

Needs to play either 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2. If he plays 4-2-3-1 they should line up as follows:
McCormick
Mellor. Nelson. Hartley. Purrington

Norburn. Cox

Smalley. Lewis. Banton

Reid

3-5-2

McCormick
Nelson. Hartley. Mchugh

Mellor. O'connor Purrington
Cox. Norburn
Lewis. Reid

Play the players in the best positions. I.e Mchugh as a left sided centre back, Lewis up top, Purrington & Mellor as wingbacks.

Jul 6, 2011
Beercan":w6pknvso said:
Needs to play either 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2. If he plays 4-2-3-1 they should line up as follows:
McCormick
Mellor. Nelson. Hartley. Purrington

Norburn. Cox

Smalley. Lewis. Banton

Reid

3-5-2

McCormick
Nelson. Hartley. Mchugh

Mellor. O'connor Purrington
Cox. Norburn
Lewis. Reid

Play the players in the best positions. I.e Mchugh as a left sided centre back, Lewis up top, Purrington & Mellor as wingbacks.

I really can't understand peoples fascination with Dean Smalley, probably just me though. I feel there are better options in the squad, even Harvey with his (so-called) inexperience looks more promising in the hole, even Banton with his up and down season so far. I'd sooner have Smalley as an impact player brought on to batter the defence when they get a bit knackered.
Agree about Mchugh, not a left back, bring back Purrington. Straight swop and stick with 442 and if that doesn't work out we have the option of 352 from the bench.