Argyle vs Tranmere match thread | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle vs Tranmere match thread

Aug 5, 2005
MickyD":16cmr0ob said:
Waraqah":16cmr0ob said:
Dalton Is God":16cmr0ob said:
Decent result but Shrewsbury could wallop us next week and Luton get a big win so still need to pull out a performance next week before we can think about the playoffs!

You putting your mortgage on an 8-goal turn-around????? :scarf:
Something I've just noticed: on the admittedly one-in-a-zillion off-chance that Argyle lose 7-0 and Luton win 1-0 they'll have identical records, right down to goals scored...

Then it goes to head to head results which are equal as each beat the other 1-0. So it would be a one off winner take all extra game on neutral ground.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Newmansd":6cmpxysz said:
jerryatricjanner":6cmpxysz said:
Newmansd":6cmpxysz said:
jerryatricjanner":6cmpxysz said:
The ground erupts, Pasoti goes into meltdown. It's going to be a great weekend. Even the worst of the doom mongers will be pleased tonight surely? It's been largely crap but we have limped over the line finally. Time to celebrate and look forward to doing a Burnley or Blackpool.

Doing a Blackpool like getting walloped all season and then relegated? :coat:
Sneaking in the play offs last day miles behind the 3rd placed team and going up as they did with Holloway.

I got what you meant, don't worry :scarf:
I realised too late.

Quizmike":25xe2baz said:
MickyD":25xe2baz said:
Waraqah":25xe2baz said:
Dalton Is God":25xe2baz said:
Decent result but Shrewsbury could wallop us next week and Luton get a big win so still need to pull out a performance next week before we can think about the playoffs!

Something I've just noticed: on the admittedly one-in-a-zillion off-chance that Argyle lose 7-0 and Luton win 1-0 they'll have identical records, right down to goals scored...

Then it goes to head to head results which are equal as each beat the other 1-0. So it would be a one off winner take all extra game on neutral ground.

Down to the toss of a coin... and Sheridan will go back to being a plonker by calling it wrong! :scarf:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Dalton Is God":3bkuyosl said:
Waraqah":3bkuyosl said:
Dalton Is God":3bkuyosl said:

Haha I know it's unlikely but a 4/5-0 win both ways could turn it. We did Hartlepool 8-1 on the last day before.

The main thing is that it won't be so nerve wracking next week! All the pressure on Luton :)

Different scenario.

Hartlepool wasn't a team in 7th and the players were on strike. But then, I know you're not seriously suggesting it.

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
Just rejoined the thread and finished reading it after leaving it at HT....just couldn't sit here pressing refresh at 2-1 so disappeared into the garden.

I actually swore at the screen and got an earful from the better 'alf when it went 3-2 but I have now calmed down :D

Well done boys, nothing silly next week and then who knows what might happen :scarf:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Match thread 4 minutes earlier than last weeks record early post!!