Argyle without Schuey | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle without Schuey

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Made no difference. Do you think Foster upped sticks from Saudi for peanuts?

Maybe, he did have two other interviews before us

Apr 17, 2024
As we enter the home straight of the season, one more win will see us cross the line safe and be able to build more success in the Championship next season.

Petty i know, but I particularly want that win to come on Saturday against Stoke who ‘stole’ our manager.

As every small club knows, loyalty from the staff, the players and the fans is vital . And when present, it engenders, not team spirit, but family spirit where everyone is rooting for each other. We have this at Argyle and long may it remain.

Some have speculated Swansea’s recently sacked manager would be a good fit for Argyle. Please no, he did not recognise Morgan’s talent and therefore his potential. What effect would his appointment have on Argyle’s family? I cannot foresee anything positive.

But here’s a thought: If Stoke were to implode and ended up relegated (think I might get in trouble for wishing that), I am sure they would sack Schuey. Schuey would then realise what he lost by quitting the family that had his back ( if he doesn’t already). But that family would be in need of a manager and he would be in need of a family. Do you see where this is going?
What are your thoughts about Schuey returning as manager?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Some have speculated Swansea’s recently sacked manager would be a good fit for Argyle. Please no, he did not recognise Morgan’s talent and therefore his potential. What effect would his appointment have on Argyle’s family? I cannot foresee anything positive.
You're mixing up Michael Duff with Russell Martin. It was Martin who didn't rate Morgan at Swansea. Duff was appointed as Swansea boss last summer and had a meeting with Morgan early on where it was made clear to him that Whittaker wanted to leave and join us.

Feb 8, 2005
As we enter the home straight of the season, one more win will see us cross the line safe and be able to build more success in the Championship next season.

Petty i know, but I particularly want that win to come on Saturday against Stoke who ‘stole’ our manager.

As every small club knows, loyalty from the staff, the players and the fans is vital . And when present, it engenders, not team spirit, but family spirit where everyone is rooting for each other. We have this at Argyle and long may it remain.

But here’s a thought: If Stoke were to implode and ended up relegated (think I might get in trouble for wishing that), I am sure they would sack Schuey. Schuey would then realise what he lost by quitting the family that had his back ( if he doesn’t already). But that family would be in need of a manager and he would be in need of a family. Do you see where this is going?
NO, NO, and NO again. WTF?????

• Haha
Reactions: FusRoDah and Milez
May 12, 2022

Nope that would be like getting back together with a girlfriend that has cheated on you with another guy realised that the sports car and fancy clothes aren't all that and come back begging and in your heading your thinking are they looking at someone else all the time

Jan 17, 2006
Saltash
Different times with lack of social media, but I don't remember anything about that other than Southampton approached Argyle for Sturrock and as they were in the division above, it was understandable he left. He wasn't applying for jobs to multiple teams in the same division, as has come to light with Schuey.
As has come to light from who?!?! That old pasoti myth and bull again... I'm not saying he was or wasn't, but we certainly don't know that and make so many assumptions around someone who by leaving us has secured his family's financial future! He loves the club, I am sure of that, but don't forget it's a job to him which is very different to how we see it as fans!

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
As has come to light from who?!?! That old pasoti myth and bull again... I'm not saying he was or wasn't, but we certainly don't know that and make so many assumptions around someone who by leaving us has secured his family's financial future! He loves the club, I am sure of that, but don't forget it's a job to him which is very different to how we see it as fans!

It came from respectful people on this site

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina

He can come back as tea boy, but only if he pays the club for the honour of providing the service.

May 11, 2023
Second spells for Argyle managers don't seem to work out well. According to the excellent Greens on Screen database Neil Dougall, Ellis Stuttard, Malcolm Allison and Paul Sturrock all had two spells as manager (this excludes short term caretaker roles) and all four had worse records second time around. I don't think there's any chance that Schuey would be re-appointed but this just adds to the case against!!

Reactions: pafc jack

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Doesn't make it true... 🤷
It is a bit of a serious accusation, because if true other clubs should have officially approached us to interview him, and failed to do so. I'm sure there's some kind of fine or other repercussions that Argyle should be levelling at these clubs if it is in fact true.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
I can't believe that anyone in their right mind actually believes that OUR players will take the foot off the gas just because they got on with Schumacher while he was Argyle manager and want to spare him the chop.

Reactions: Shorty and jthep