Argyle's Northern Ireland Super Cup team | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle's Northern Ireland Super Cup team

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Ade the green":hd0f52q7 said:
jimsing":hd0f52q7 said:
Them up the road cannot afford to let the rest of the world see what talent they have. They need to sell them for millions not lose them for thousands.

They won't all have a million pound + sell on though will they? Their gravy train is likely to end as it began and they'll be back to the same as us. In terms of quantity we have probably had more players still making a living out of the game rather than the 1 or 2 that have got on from Exeter.

Grimes has almost been proven that he wasn't what Swansea expected and Leeds said he was their worst loan/signing ever. Liam Sercombe spent a year being a bit part player for Oxford before being sold on. Ollie Watkins and Ethan Ampadu? What next.

Our young players will have every chance and you have to say that in light of DAs expounding Sangster's involvement in the PSFs must surely be a reason to be hopeful.
I was thinking that we would see another of Exeter's 'superstars', Tom Nicholls, at Peterborough but he has just moved to Bristol Rovers for an undisclosed fee.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
davie nine":29pki3vv said:
Ade the green":29pki3vv said:
jimsing":29pki3vv said:
Them up the road cannot afford to let the rest of the world see what talent they have. They need to sell them for millions not lose them for thousands.

They won't all have a million pound + sell on though will they? Their gravy train is likely to end as it began and they'll be back to the same as us. In terms of quantity we have probably had more players still making a living out of the game rather than the 1 or 2 that have got on from Exeter.

Grimes has almost been proven that he wasn't what Swansea expected and Leeds said he was their worst loan/signing ever. Liam Sercombe spent a year being a bit part player for Oxford before being sold on. Ollie Watkins and Ethan Ampadu? What next.

Our young players will have every chance and you have to say that in light of DAs expounding Sangster's involvement in the PSFs must surely be a reason to be hopeful.
I was thinking that we would see another of Exeter's 'superstars', Tom Nicholls, at Peterborough but he has just moved to Bristol Rovers for an undisclosed fee.

I think it's proof that Exeter have great salesmen rather than a glut of exceptional talent. They sold Nichols whereas we let go of players of equal if not better talent in Tyler Harvey and Louis Rooney. we have been hurt also by players that could get a fee have been happy to wind down their contracts rather than allow us to gain from them. Hopefully, Sangster will be the first of a new batch that progresses into the first team and onwards.

Feb 28, 2016
Ade the green":uqotcpk8 said:
davie nine":uqotcpk8 said:
Ade the green":uqotcpk8 said:
jimsing":uqotcpk8 said:

I think it's proof that Exeter have great salesmen rather than a glut of exceptional talent. They sold Nichols whereas we let go of players of equal if not better talent in Tyler Harvey and Louis Rooney. we have been hurt also by players that could get a fee have been happy to wind down their contracts rather than allow us to gain from them. Hopefully, Sangster will be the first of a new batch that progresses into the first team and onwards.

Lets hope: Rose, Bentley, Fletcher or even Battle, Rooney or Aaron Taylor can be the first of a new batch. I'm doubtful if Taylor or Rooney were fully fit whether Sangster would have got his opportunities, admittedly he did and undoubtedly took them, I'm not faulting him. I just think don't get carried away or get our hopes up just yet. Still a long way to go for him, this time last year all the talk was about Battle hardly anyone was talking about Fletcher. I thought it ridiculous then to ignore Fletcher as I do now about Battle. I'm sure there will be surprise packages amongst the second year apprentices, there usually is.

Exeter also have Moore- Taylor and Christy Pym, making a living and directly benefiting them on the pitch currently. Good to read Tisdale isn't going to rush to buy a replacement for Watkins and hopes to do it organically.

Well done to the lads on their win as has been mentioned we often give a good account of ourselves at this, best of luck for the rest. Two or three recognisable surnames in the squad/reserve list.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
โœ… Evergreen
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
@Only1Argyle
A disappointing 4-1 defeat for the Young Pilgrims in the @SuperCupNI against a robust Chivas Guadalajara team; Dominic Osborne scored

Belfast Green

๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
โœ… Evergreen
๐ŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Here is the website for anyone interested...http://supercupni.com

I may pop across the short distance from Belfast to Ballymena tomorrow for the last group game (well, a place called Clough!! Tiny and its only landmark is a Glasgow Rangers supporters club, in a place which looks no bigger than Menheniot!).

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
having read the account our lads were fortunate to not have injury ending careers.as an aside,great to see alfie wootton coming on for the second half

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
โœ… Evergreen
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Co Tyrone who Argyle beat 2-0 yesterday won 5-0 against M Sports NZ, whereas Argyle's opponents tomorrow NC Elite won 3-1 today after losing 2-1 to Middlesbrough on Monday.

Dec 21, 2010
Win or lose this is a great experience for our kids. The Argyle Fans' Trust are proud to be donating another ยฃ1,000 to support our participation in this prestigious tournament.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
โœ… Evergreen
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Plymouth Argyle 0 v 1 NC Elite

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
โœ… Evergreen
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
DFriRF4XUAE0JJ5.jpg

SUPERCUPNI SALVER SEMI-FINALS
NOON Plymouth Argyle v Co Londonderry The Warren, Portstewart
NOON Co Fermanagh v Strikers Castlerock

Belfast Green

๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
โœ… Evergreen
๐ŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
But lost today 1-0 against County London/Derry after dominating the game.
So, tomorrow, the lads play in the 3rd/4th playoff in the Salver section against County Fermanagh.

The county sides are home of origin of local lads who are signed to teams in the NI League (with one or two exceptions). So, as County Antrim includes Belfast, it has quite a decent side, whereas Fermanagh is rural and a lot of lads will play GAA games there. The Londonderry side will include lads from Derry City, who play in the League of Ireland (Republic) and are of a good standard.

Oct 21, 2015
Managed to attend a few games and the lads and support team did the club proud.
Ended the tournament on a high with a 2 - 0 win against Co. Fermanagh....Five games in Five days ...won 2 lost 3 with 5 goals scored and 6 conceded. Two close 1 - 0 losses after the 4 - 1 defeat against Chivas Guadalajara when we were up against a skilful and very robust Mexican side that were not shy in showing the dark side of South American football with a series of dodgy tackles and taking out our main striker Dom Osborne after he had scored our goal to take the lead, and he ended up being taken off the pitch on a stretcher ! To put that result in perspective this Mexican side have today beaten Manchester United 4 - 0 to win their section trophy.

What a great experience for these Argyle 13 to 15 year olds....playing teams from Mexico and United States with their own style of football and quality Irish sides in a very competitive environment with good attendances and learning to manage playing five games in five days. Continuing to participate in what is widely recognised as one of the finest youth tournaments in the world with teams representing countries as diverse as Bejing in China, New Zealand and Ghana, big hitters like Man Utd and Rangers and all the fantastic press coverage that goes with it ... well done Argyle for continuing to support this tournament and well done to all those who contribute funds to make this happen ... including PASOTI of course !