Banton (that's more like it) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Banton (that's more like it)

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
tagz":1b89zol5 said:
Liam Vercoe":1b89zol5 said:
A bit late now but hopefully, if he's still here next year, it's a sign of things to come next season.
He is contracted to the end of next season.

But Sheridan said even some of the contracted players may be off. Not to say I'm assuming Banton's one of them.

John Place

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 13, 2006
Derriford, Plymouth
Really? thought he was poor today, lazy and deserved to be subbed. Hopefully he'll join most of the other under performers who take a one way ticket up the A38 after the Portsmouth game!! definitely thinks he's a lot better than he is!

Mar 23, 2008
Indeed he worked hard today and seemed motivated. Begs the question though why he wasn't motivated before? The difference between today and the rest of his performances this season was day and light in terms of effort.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
I thought Wotton should have been the first sub today, after about 5 minutes - he was knackered by then. Amazed Parsons played the 90 dreadful game by him. Banton was lively, but effort in that's been lacking from him. Looked skillful at times and was one of our biggest threats going forward. The game wasn't in his favour and he stil managed to look lively. It wasn't vintage or great from him, but it was good and certainly promising.

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
Blimey he wasn't that good, lost the ball a lot but credit to him in that he looked up for it and battled for a lot. He really does have a thing for this club and i think the fans all love him too to be homest. Think he's gained a bit of fitness now and is also playing in a more facoured role. Again, not great but a small light after todays performance.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Deacster":1gxm2to1 said:
Indeed he worked hard today and seemed motivated. Begs the question though why he wasn't motivated before? The difference between today and the rest of his performances this season was day and light in terms of effort.

May have been fitness to be fair to him, he came to us unfit and was then hit by injury around about the time he should have caught up with the rest of the team. Then again I can't say I've seen Banton play like this before; chased down defenders, constantly looking for the pass, supporting teammates. Even the Banton of last season didn't give as much as he did today, maybe it has finally sunk in with him that he has to work hard for his place in the team and won't just walk into the line-up, either way let's hope he keeps it up goin into next season.

As an aside, subbing Banton probably summed up JS for me, probably one of the only players that even remotely looked like doing something today and he took him off to go hoof ball up to 3 (yes 3!) big front men. I know they're all on the books but do they all need to be on the pitch? It was so obvious what we were planning to do from there; so Wimbledon added another big man in defence and that was that :facepalm:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I said in January, Kwesi Appiah was the man to bring down from Palace. I know he scored but did put in a decent shift for the Wombles?

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
Lundan Cabbie":196r3hw3 said:
I said in January, Kwesi Appiah was the man to bring down from Palace. I know he scored but did put in a decent shift for the Wombles?

Don't care. More worried about the tosh we already have here without concerning those who aren't our players.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Lundan Cabbie":jsnbqgyj said:

Yes, good performance. Was so easy for him up against Wotton.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Bantons last two games have been decent now, but he looks slightly scared to shoot now, and seems to look up for a pass instead, if he could just get the right mix he'd start to be a very key asset.

Feb 26, 2011
I think he has been put on either A) a tight leash B) be told not to be greedy C) lose the ego! Either one it has effected the form we seen last year sadly