Bigger accomplishment than last year? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bigger accomplishment than last year?

Apr 22, 2023
Last season was amazing and nothing can take away the feeling of being champions. However. They have been up against it this year, relegation favorites, manager changes and some big ugly teams to play. Despite our budget and everything thrown our way this season. They have done it! I think this season has been better then last. Let's hope a solid summer gives us the opportunity to have an even better 2024 - 2025 season!

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
As Dewsnip said in his pre match, both are fantastic achievements. You can’t have one without the other.

For me, it will take something special to beat last season. This survival is incredible and what it means for the mid to long future is huge. However, it would not have felt the same if we’d lost to Leicester and beat Stoke and Millwall.

Oct 31, 2015
I dont think so. Last season was very special and you won't see many like it. Today was well achieved with the comings and goings.

Reactions: Green Matt
May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Just below. I think Ipswichs 2nd promotion on the bounce and Wednesdays incredible last quarter form has put it in perspective for me.

Incredible to stay in the division another season but for me to stay up was the least I wanted if not expected. Lessons to be learnt but at least we have another chance to show that we can improve and have a better season next year.

Onwards and upwards!

Reactions: Green Matt
Oct 31, 2022
Maybe it's equal. But we didn't get a break this season. So really, had things "balanced out over the course of a season" - as we kid ourselves to make things feel better - we would've finished close to mid table and been mathematically safe weeks ago.

Countless points dropped through poor refereeing. Whereas we only had the one offside goal given for us (the first goal in a 6-2 win).

We lost our talisman manager and our TWO most creative midfielders.

We conducted an interview process that gave us a manager, in Ian Foster, who wasn't the person on the grass he said he was at interview. (We know this because Simon has told us).

So ALMOST everything that could go wrong, did.

So did we overachieve? Perhaps we overachieved what everybody on the outside felt we would achieve. But I'm not so sure we did as well as we could of. But we got the job done - and now, that's all that matters.

Dec 9, 2012
Last season was amazing - and plenty of ole giffers like me think it might have just pipped 74-5 for edge of the seat thrills.

What a great way to stay up though. All four teams who could have gone down at the start of play managed to win. We had to do it the hard way, and not relying on other results to go our way.

Reactions: OriginalBBB
Jun 2, 2016
No. Absolutely not. Bringing in a disaster manager and ripping up your transfer policy is not something to be repeated. Self inflicted pain

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Staying up this season is a massive achievement, regardless of what’s gone on.

However, nothing compares to last season, the best ever in my opinion.

Jun 22, 2005
I'd say yes, lowest budget in the league and our manager ditching us before xmas and taking the coaching staff with him. A monumental task to stay up then we hired Foster.....

Reactions: StrictlyGreen