Blackburn match day thread | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blackburn match day thread

Aug 16, 2008
mongoose_jnr":32v2drq5 said:
Ade the green":32v2drq5 said:
Emu":32v2drq5 said:
I appreciate where you are coming from Ade, but the factors maketh that they are a far more successful club than we are historically.

Absolutely and given the option all of us would have wanted the chance to have a little of what they had.

Blackburn (at home though) was my first game watching Argyle and we were well beaten 1-3 I think. Revenge for that would be perfek.

Remember it well, my work fe was in early stages of labour with our first child and Argyle needed to win to stay up. Only one place to be Home Park. Thankfully my daughter did not arrive until the Sunday

One of the great nights. Tuesday nights were better back then.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
it's pleasing to note that cameron sangster is on the bench.one of our own youngsters knocking on the first team door.i haven't seen the chap play but i have heard and read excellent reports about him.

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
No Ness or Ciftci still.

Surprised Diagouraga is seemingly playing out left when he is a CDM.. and losing Songo'o from defence is a risk. Would have preferred to see Toumani in CDM, Songo'o in back four, Jervis out left midfield and Blissett or Fletch up front .. with Bradley on bench.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
DMW4nagX0AIzf8W.jpg:small

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
Ponty":2su2h3m5 said:
Dreamgreen":2su2h3m5 said:
What about the 74/75 season when we had 28,000 at HP beating Blackburn 2 v 1, but lost 2 v 5 away in the same month, both vying for the championship of Div 3. Those were the days .

Remember the Home game well, a midweek game and Home Park rocked.

I was too young to travel away in them days but remember there was major trouble which covered the local papers, had it all in my scrapbook I was compiling at the time. Wish I had kept hold of that.
That was some night Ponty - one of my major memories of supporting Argyle.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Pezbuck":27s26nr7 said:
No Ness or Ciftci still.

Surprised Diagouraga is seemingly playing out left when he is a CDM.. and losing Songo'o from defence is a risk. Would have preferred to see Toumani in CDM, Songo'o in back four, Jervis out left midfield and Blissett or Fletch up front .. with Bradley on bench.

This. Songo'o was immense in defence on Saturday and I would prefer him to stay there! Jervis up front on his on didn't work at the weekend at all so hope it's not more of the same.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Bradley playing? That's a disappointment as I don't think he's as good as he was last season.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Have we played the same team 2 weeks in a row ?

Once again DA rings the changes in DESPERATION. No wonder no one knows what they are doing other than ALL get behind the ball.
Jervis isn't really a lone hold it up striker. No point hoofing the ball up to him but he needs to be on the shoulder of the CD and balls fed through for him to run onto.
This looks like a park the bus team and try and hit them on the break or from a set piece.
God help us if we go behind

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
I'm liking Songo'o and Diagouraga in midfield with Fox--some grit and some finesse. Would like to see Wylde and Fletcher on the pitch together at some stage.