Brent's philosophy ... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brent's philosophy ...

Feb 28, 2016
Shankster":2uj60qd3 said:
Scottish S*n

Bile

I agree Shankster, I think it shows questionable judgement on Adams part. Particularly after the show of solidarity Liverpool fans showed one of our fans recently and after standing in front of the Hillsborough memorial, I couldn't help to be moved and then to think of the smears and lies peddled by their English sister title and complete lack of apology by the paper and Kelvin MacKenzie since, I must say I felt really disappointed in Adams.

As for Brent, I think him competent, I don't think he will damage the club,I've met him I think he is a decent enough bloke. I think his philosophy will bear fruit eventually. Doesn't stop me from disliking it or disagreeing with it. I've not been enthused with the way things have gone with the last two managers which he has appointed, I'm not half certain I will be a fully paid up member next season which would be the first time since the Kevin Hodges era when I was a junior green. That'll depend on decisions made in the next few weeks and months. I'm not anti Adams, I'm not calling for him to be sacked, if he was and Brent chose his successor, I think we would only end up with someone just like him, so it may as well be him as far as I'm concerned. I recognise he is a popular and decent bloke and that I'm in a very small minority not delighted he is our manager . If I won the Euro Millions and brought Brent out, there would probably be "irreconcilable differences of opinion" with Adams and I would became the most unpopular chairman in our history! :lol:

As for the JS and DA character references I would agree with the "well they would say that, wouldn't they" sentiments.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Mark, if you win the Euro Millions you can have a team of 16 year old Janners. That'll make you happy.

DA will do what's necessary in the best interests of PAFC and his job. If he thinks the youngsters would benefit the club he'll use them. Simples.

I find it astonishing that you say you're not anti Adams but then say I recognise he is a popular and decent bloke and that I'm in a very small minority not delighted he is our manager.

Oct 16, 2016
I do not care a jot for a club or a manager of any club in this instance.

There but for the grace of god 96 men, women and children died, the youngest was JP Gilhooley, he was 11 years old, his blood was taken to test his alcohol level.

Within 72 hours of the disaster The S*n newspaper published bile stating that football fans had picked pockets of dead fans and urintated on police officers treating dying fans.

If people of this city (Plymouth) need educating today, shame on them.

You are football fans, decent human beings

Adams talking to th S*n considering the way we were treated in the city of Liverpool is abhorant and pathetically ignorant. Shame on him

Feb 28, 2016
Keepitgreen":2eg5967q said:
Mark, if you win the Euro Millions you can have a team of 16 year old Janners. That'll make you happy.

DA will do what's necessary in the best interests of PAFC and his job. If he thinks the youngsters would benefit the club he'll use them. Simples.

I find it astonishing that you say you're not anti Adams but then say I recognise he is a popular and decent bloke and that I'm in a very small minority not delighted he is our manager.

You miss the sentence I said before "I think we would only end up with someone just like him, so it may as well be him as far as I'm concerned." Am I delighted he is manager? No, do I recognise any replacement by the current board would be any better? No, given the last statement, would I like to see us promoted? Yes, so if we aren't going to go with anything even beginning to resemble my philosophy, it is my view we may as well have the best man from the other end of the spectrum, which I concede is Mr Adams. It would be churlish of me to try and drive a wedge between a united fan base, to try and force a man out of a job, who I do respect and have liked on a personal level, whenever I've met and spoke to him, just because I disagree with him. Personally I like him, as a football manager in the circumstances, I'm neutral, not delighted but not screaming for Adams out either. Just because I'm not "delighted" doesn't mean I'm anti, there is a loads of room in between for one to position themselves its not a case of being one extreme or the other.

Secondly I don't want a "team of U16s" What I would like us see do is at least have one or two Devonian/Cornish lads, 18 upwards, regularly starting and us affording whatever chances we can to people in our own communities, first, before bringing someone else in. Our record and ratio used to satisfy me from when I started supporting us, up until Luke Young was released. I'm not talking about a "team full," I'm talking about the teams throughout my life that had: Your Wottons, Evans, Beswethericks, Stevie Adams, Martin Barlows Markers, Goslings, Masons and Youngs (thats just off the top of my head no doubt I've missed a few and it covers the best part of 20 years I've been going and a couple of those names stretch that back a further 10 or so years before I started going.) There has always been that element within the team which has been lacking since Luke left. It was always the element that made me proud to be an Argyle fan, the reason to not support a Man United or Liverpool, (they have no Plymothians either!) Support a club where someone you knew from your background could go on and make a living.

This period of lack of local talent happens to coincide with what I genuinely believe to have been a golden age of our academy, a hangover from when boys signed up to our youth setup when we were a championship club, when every young player worth his salt would rather be in our setup than Exeter' s. Regardless of my opinion personally on them as footballers, pick any 2 or 3 names from the past four years you like and I think they are worth fighting for, to get that small element back. I'll bang the drum and make the case for them until my dying breath. If you want that element back then because of our recent neglect your only option is to look at the youth.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
MarkMatthews":1846nyon said:
Keepitgreen":1846nyon said:

You miss the sentence I said before "I think we would only end up with someone just like him, so it may as well be him as far as I'm concerned." Am I delighted he is manager? No, do I recognise any replacement by the current board would be any better? No, given the last statement, would I like to see us promoted? Yes, so if we aren't going to go with anything even beginning to resemble my philosophy, it is my view we may as well have the best man from the other end of the spectrum, which I concede is Mr Adams. It would be churlish of me to try and drive a wedge between a united fan base, to try and force a man out of a job, who I do respect and have liked on a personal level, whenever I've met and spoke to him, just because I disagree with him. Personally I like him, as a football manager in the circumstances, I'm neutral, not delighted but not screaming for Adams out either. Just because I'm not "delighted" doesn't mean I'm anti, there is a loads of room in between for one to position themselves its not a case of being one extreme or the other.

Secondly I don't want a "team of U16s" What I would like us see do is at least have one or two Devonian/Cornish lads, 18 upwards, regularly starting and us affording whatever chances we can to people in our own communities, first, before bringing someone else in. Our record and ratio used to satisfy me from when I started supporting us, up until Luke Young was released. I'm not talking about a "team full," I'm talking about the teams throughout my life that had: Your Wottons, Evans, Beswethericks, Stevie Adams, Martin Barlows Markers, Goslings, Masons and Youngs (thats just off the top of my head no doubt I've missed a few and it covers the best part of 20 years I've been going and a couple of those names stretch that back a further 10 or so years before I started going.) There has always been that element within the team which has been lacking since Luke left. It was always the element that made me proud to be an Argyle fan, the reason to not support a Man United or Liverpool, (they have no Plymothians either!) Support a club where someone you knew from your background could go on and make a living.

This period of lack of local talent happens to coincide with what I genuinely believe to have been a golden age of our academy, a hangover from when boys signed up to our youth setup when we were a championship club, when every young player worth his salt would rather be in our setup than Exeter' s. Regardless of my opinion personally on them as footballers, pick any 2 or 3 names from the past four years you like and I think they are worth fighting for, to get that small element back. I'll bang the drum and make the case for them until my dying breath. If you want that element back then because of our recent neglect your only option is to look at the youth.

Strange that you would include Marker in your list, considering he was signed from Exeter City in a deal that saw us let a promising youngster go the other way who just happened to do very well for them . Would appear to go against your mantra of develop our own .