Brief Synopsis!!! (Charlton) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Charlton)

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
freddie2greens":c4gcfq5c said:
Excellent game played out by two decent footballing sides won by DA and his game management and tactics.

The whole team played well with special mentions for mccormick, sawyer and jake. It was the best i have seen sawyer play for us, he was absolutely motoring up and down the wing knocking some great balls into the box and gave me a bit of hope as i thought his position might be one which we would struggle with. Mccormick kept us in the game in the first half so credit where its due for him and as others have said his double save was excellent. Jake carries on from where he has left off and scores important goals at important times, he will be a very important player this season considering our struggles finding a decent CF.

Charlton played some good stuff in the first half and although we went in level at half time i think we were a bit fortunate considering mccormicks saves and some last ditch clearances etc. We did create some good chances ourselves but not as clear cut or as many as charlton so imo we were a little bit fortunate to be level at the break.

In the second half we took the lead and charlton ran out of ideas and we bossed the midfield meaning charlton didnt get as close to our goal as before and we posed more problems to theirs. Saying that we didnt score another goal to settle the nerves and it looked as though we were going to be in for the usual edge of the seat stuff for the last ten minutes until jj stepped up.

I thought the new signings looked good and i dont understand the criticism of blissett, ok he didnt score but he put himself about and did ok for me, a similar type of performance to what Taylor puts in most weeks. We are however short in attack and desperately need a goalscoring CF. DA is doing a fantastic job with the tools he has at his disposal and he won it for us today with good tactical changes at the right times aswell as well thought out substitutions, i hope he is given what he asks for before the end of the transfer window as i sense a growing feeling of frustration on his behalf.

Very good attendance aided by 1000 or so charlton fans which was a nice change from div 2 away support numbers and hopefully with performances like that plenty will be back in a fortnight. Charlton fans were bad losers though, leaving early and damaging hoardings alongwith the smokebomb directed at the linesman they did their club no credit.

A good start at home and long may it continue.

Absolutely spot on. Exactly as I saw it.

Jul 29, 2006
Cornwall
Thank you Alan, as you say very interesting. I am listening to it now. One thing ( among others ) that struck me was the moaning about the distance the reporters had to travel. I think, reading between the lines, they were not too impressed with the way their players performed.

Jan 3, 2013
djg145":1605nqmx said:
LOL how can you give Blisset FOUR points and give Ness FIVE for ONE second on the pitch lol :funny:

And Fox an 8, seriously??

Fox was the best outfield player on the pitch by a country mile

Jan 7, 2013
A great 3 points with an ok performance, I think a draw would have been fairer having said that we deserved to beat Peterborough and lost so swings and roundabouts and all that!

Must say I thought I was at a library the first half, the crowd were very quiet couldn't hear the demport from Block 14 not what I expected for first home game, second half improved what with the early goal.

Great to be back roll on Scunthorpe.

Aug 13, 2009
Good game to watch and a great victory.
Charlton were a better footballing side and Luke kept us in the game in the first half
Having said that, I don't think they were particularly good at the back and Argyle created some good chances and always threatened to score.
If Charlton are one of the better teams in this League then Argyle have nothing to fear based on the two games played so far

Apr 27, 2009
Not sure if it's been mentioned already but we actually had the second highest attendance in league 1 this weekend which surprised me. Only Blackburn v Doncaster had more, about 1000 more.

L

London green 94

Stonehouse Mike":18ams2fj said:
Not sure if it's been mentioned already but we actually had the second highest attendance in league 1 this weekend which surprised me. Only Blackburn v Doncaster had more, about 1000 more.
not bad , but when Bradford pompey charlton Blackburn are all home we will sit around 5th

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Charlton player looked in absolute disbelief after Luke's save.

Also shows Jake's first from a good angle, thought it was a scrappy one at the time, but in fact it was a real clever little bit of skill.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Yep good analysis Mark. I think Charlton played a system that just didn't work, with the number 9 on his own for them. If the tactics had been better they might have got something from the game but we deserved to win in the end.

Jul 13, 2006
clokey84":21aat47s said:
A great 3 points with an ok performance, I think a draw would have been fairer having said that we deserved to beat Peterborough and lost so swings and roundabouts and all that!

Must say I thought I was at a library the first half, the crowd were very quiet couldn't hear the demport from Block 14 not what I expected for first home game, second half improved what with the early goal.

For this match
I moved from Block 14 to the Devonport and sad for me to say I couldn't hear the Lyndhurst all match.

Jan 7, 2013
foreigner":cbscmuov said:
clokey84":cbscmuov said:

For this match
I moved from Block 14 to the Devonport and sad for me to say I couldn't hear the Lyndhurst all match.
You wouldn't have pal as there was zilch to hear unfortunately! A couple of solo efforts by a few including me was about it.