Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Frank_Butcher":1ujhmub3 said:
I thought we did play some nice free-flowing football - particularly in the first-half. The build up to the goal was evidence of that.

I agree with what's been said about confidence - you could almost sense it on Saturday. The spirit looks very good as well judged by the camaraderie in the pre-match activities in front of the Spion corner.

What will test us is what happens when the 3-5-2 gets pressured. Last season we had a good spell with the same formation and then teams learned to press our full-back positions. The reversion to 4-4-2 left us toothless then - can we adapt and cope better if the same happens this season ?

I think we've already coped with that. In the last two games when we were under pressure Sheridan moved the two wing-backs back into a back five late in the game, not only did this strengthen the defence to hold on to the one goal lead it also stopped the opposition from using that space between wing-back and centre-back.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2fiebnyz said:
Frank_Butcher":2fiebnyz said:
I thought we did play some nice free-flowing football - particularly in the first-half. The build up to the goal was evidence of that.

I agree with what's been said about confidence - you could almost sense it on Saturday. The spirit looks very good as well judged by the camaraderie in the pre-match activities in front of the Spion corner.

What will test us is what happens when the 3-5-2 gets pressured. Last season we had a good spell with the same formation and then teams learned to press our full-back positions. The reversion to 4-4-2 left us toothless then - can we adapt and cope better if the same happens this season ?

I think we've already coped with that. In the last two games when we were under pressure Sheridan moved the two wing-backs back into a back five late in the game, not only did this strengthen the defence to hold on to the one goal lead it also stopped the opposition from using that space between wing-back and centre-back.
This- and it's one of the things that's giving me that little bit more faith that things are improving in a lasting way.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
PL2 3DQ":32acazkl said:
Frank_Butcher":32acazkl said:

Yes, agreed from a winning position and noticeable that Curle was more aggressive with that tactic after half-time. Playing a back 5 so to speak is the obvious choice when you have something to defend.

However, I was thinking more in the attacking context. I'm not sure we've yet been pressured in this way from the off. That would be the obvious tactic if I were AFC Wimbledon's manager for example. If you can pen the wing-backs in, hence making us play with a back 5 at 0-0, that is when we will need to be adaptable - and much more effectively than last season.

We'll see.

Oct 24, 2010
PL2 3DQ":vkbrvbur said:
Frank_Butcher":vkbrvbur said:

I think the problem in the second half was that we didn't cope too well with Carlisle change of formation to 442. Their wide players pushed our wing backs back and, although we had our moments, we didn't make best use of our numerical advantage in midfield which their change to 442 gave us. Also, as the game wore on our back four dropped too deep which allowed space for in front of them for Carlisle to play in. However, we did defend well and apart from one or two scares looked solid.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PAFC Andy":2p7j0h61 said:
Here are the Carlisle highlights of the game. Slighly different to the ones on our youtube channel. Includes Marvin's brilliant charge down.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-S97ONjZxEE

Is that supposed to look as if it's from 1980s Kazahkstani television :whistle:? Good extended highlights though! What a miss from Alessandra...

C

Cobi Budge.

Club have put Sheridan's full interview up which I hope they do more for those of us without argyle player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jlhu4UPArk

I wonder if he's joking or serious when he says "i'm not telling you rick cause you'll tell everyone", I just wonder because he doesn't laugh or smile, if meant in a serious way, GO ON SHEZ :thumbup: :lol: