Brief Synopsis!!! | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Pasties and Cider":2ydr6frl said:
The case for: Most of us would have gone with the team as selected by Sheridan in the absence of Brunt and Lee. Brunt was poor and Bury were good.

The case against: Most of us would have spotted within 20 minutes that Plan A wasn't working and changed it. Most of us would have had a different option up front than an out of form right-back.

poo happens - next game please.
I would have started with Blizzard instead of Cox but I agree with everything else. Let's look forward to a good game on Tuesday night and hopefully 3 points.

W

Wilfredo

mercedes":2ghkzm2d said:
1. Bury were undoubtedly the best team I've seen this season.
2. We were poor.
3. Mellor up front instead of Harvey? What's that all about?

Add to that.....
4. They wanted it and worked harder than us
5. Our defence sat too deep, creating large gaps between midfield and attack. We need to push up the park and condense the play further up the pitch.
6. Brunt needs to learn that forward play is not playing with your back to go for 90 minutes.

C

Cobi Budge.

In fairness, while he didn't play well, the reason Brunt had his back to goal was because he was isolated and the service he was receiving was truly bollox. Hoofball had never and will never work under Sheridan. Just because Ryan was playing didn't mean we needed to resort to hoof ball, he did fine with the ball at his feet V Exeter, he's not a Reuben but he's not just a forward lump.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Brunt also stood there and moaned constantly at the ref and lino about being fouled instead of trying to win the ball back or chasing it after it bounced off his 50 pence piece head.

C

Cobi Budge.

Liam Vercoe":g4pqlgxp said:
Brunt also stood there and moaned constantly at the ref and lino about being fouled instead of trying to win the ball back or chasing it after it bounced off his 50 pence piece head.

Reuben is obviously the far better player but he also does exactly that.

In fairness a lot of the team spent time standing around moaning yesterday, lost track of how many times I screamed 'play til the whistle'.

W

Wilfredo

Cobi Budge.":119je573 said:
In fairness, while he didn't play well, the reason Brunt had his back to goal was because he was isolated and the service he was receiving was truly bollox. Hoofball had never and will never work under Sheridan. Just because Ryan was playing didn't mean we needed to resort to hoof ball, he did fine with the ball at his feet V Exeter, he's not a Reuben but he's not just a forward lump.

The reason he was isolated........

5. Our defence sat too deep, creating large gaps between midfield and attack. We need to push up the park and condense the play further up the pitch.

He needs to learn on how to work the channels.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Cobi Budge.":27wbcc3h said:
Liam Vercoe":27wbcc3h said:

Reuben is obviously the far better player but he also does exactly that.

In fairness a lot of the team spent time standing around moaning yesterday, lost track of how many times I screamed 'play til the whistle'.

That's very true, about Reubs, although, unlike Brunt (well, from what I've seen of him), when he gets going, he's like a tank, no one's getting ball off of him until it's in the net.

C

Cobi Budge.

Surprised to see Hartley get 7/10's, thought it was his worst display in a green shirt, McHugh & THD also weren't defensively good enough.

We conceded two extremely sloppy goals yet the defence are still being praised. That's two weeks in a row we've let a cross come in after a mistake from a full back, not got it out (despite chances to do so) and allowed the opposition and unchallenged effort on goal.

The defence weren't good enough, in my view.

C

Cobi Budge.

ninjamissile":1jlju0fm said:
Indeed, they've been consistently bad all season......

Didn't say that at all. But the defence were on the whole, bar Nelson (mostly), quite poor and at times lazy on Saturday. There were a large amount of individual errors in both half's from THD, McHugh & Hartley. The defending for the first goal took the p*ss & I'm surprised it's not been condemned more on this thread.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Alessandra looks onside in the Matchday Moments video. He's level with the last defender when the ball was played forward unless the lino is saying Alessandra was offside in the first passage of play, which he was when the free kick was taken.

Jan 6, 2004
Cobi Budge.":33tknq6b said:
Hoofball had never and will never work under Sheridan.

Not quite true, it worked very well against Wycombe when the more typical build up play of this season was ditched for a very direct approach.

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
Balham_Green":24i4b3e8 said:
ninjamissile":24i4b3e8 said:
Indeed, they've been consistently bad all season......

That will be why we have one of the best defensive records in the Division then.

Yeah but it's only about the 4th best.

Not good enough I'm afraid.

:facepalm:

Oh, I don't now how to do the smilie things from my phone, which is where I posted from yesterday..............

It was a poor attempt at being sarcastic!