Bristol City date? (merged) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bristol City date? (merged)

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
My iCal Calander shows this as being played on the Weds for some reason so don't go by that detail....

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
meetoo":1by2tjfo said:
My iCal Calander shows this as being played on the Weds for some reason so don't go by that detail....

BBC Fixtures, PAFC site both say 8th.... more importantly, BCFC site also says 8th...

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The club have announced ticket details today but now say the game is a week later on 15 August. Surely a mistake?

OUR trip to Bristol City in the Carabao Cup, on Tuesday, August 15, will be an all-ticket fixture.

Edit: It's now been changed to August 8.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
meetoo":b4lie5bv said:
All ticket?? WTF for?

isn't that obvious ?. It is a game that a large percentage of Argyle's hooligan element will be interested in attending, especially when it is 6-7 seasons since we played City last. The clubs will have made the decision on police advice and rightly so.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Argyle-sy":1q73zmit said:
meetoo":1q73zmit said:
All ticket?? WTF for?

isn't that obvious ?. It is a game that a large percentage of Argyle's hooligan element will be interested in attending, especially when it is 6-7 seasons since we played City last. The clubs will have made the decision on police advice and rightly so.
So hooligans can't buy tickets then?

May 8, 2011
meetoo":12b4l2cz said:
All ticket?? WTF for?

I would have thought it was obvious, Argyle will sell out our allocation so they don't want people being dissapointed by travelling and being locked out.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
meetoo":3kf0rd66 said:
Argyle-sy":3kf0rd66 said:
meetoo":3kf0rd66 said:
All ticket?? WTF for?

Of course hooligans can buy tickets, it's just laughable why you would ask why this match would be all ticket. There is a history of trouble between Argyle and City fans, including Argyle hooligans travelling over 100 miles from their match to fight with City hooligans in Blackpool. This fixture has always had trouble so the decision to make it all ticket is logical, as it would prevent violence from happening inside the stadium.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Argyle-sy":1sy6aqbe said:
meetoo":1sy6aqbe said:
Argyle-sy":1sy6aqbe said:
meetoo":1sy6aqbe said:
All ticket?? WTF for?

Of course hooligans can buy tickets, it's just laughable why you would ask why this match would be all ticket. There is a history of trouble between Argyle and City fans, including Argyle hooligans travelling over 100 miles from their match to fight with City hooligans in Blackpool. This fixture has always had trouble so the decision to make it all ticket is logical, as it would prevent violence from happening inside the stadium.
Our 14 seats are in the Bristol City end so no chance of trouble then as we've got tickets... might even where my shirt now if there's no chance of trouble. FWIW my City friends are not in the slightest interested in the game or the fact that its against Argyle who they don't see as rivals.?

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
meetoo":3jncpw5h said:
Argyle-sy":3jncpw5h said:
Argyle-sy":3jncpw5h said:
All ticket?? WTF for?

Our 14 seats are in the Bristol City end so no chance of trouble then as we've got tickets... might even where my shirt now if there's no chance of trouble. FWIW my City friends are not in the slightest interested in the game or the fact that its against Argyle who they don't see as rivals.?

The fact that you think there is no chance of trouble tells me you haven't been an Argyle fan for very long. This is one of the fixtures that has always seen more trouble, and has been in my 32 years supporting Argyle. Speak for your friends all you like, I can guarantee you that elements among City's fan base will not be of the same opinion, Argyle have always been one of their main rivals along with Cardiff and Bristol Rovers.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
Argyle-sy":17pnicit said:
meetoo":17pnicit said:
All ticket?? WTF for?

The fact that you think there is no chance of trouble tells me you haven't been an Argyle fan for very long. This is one of the fixtures that has always seen more trouble, and has been in my 32 years supporting Argyle. Speak for your friends all you like, I can guarantee you that elements among City's fan base will not be of the same opinion, Argyle have always been one of their main rivals along with Cardiff and Bristol Rovers.
Whoosh..... :wave:
A regular since 1969 BTW

Mar 7, 2008
I read that the away end holds 4200 so cant see this selling out......reckon we will take 1500 maybe. Summer holidays etc......so I can see why the question is asked - why all ticket ???

Presume if we want the whole away end we will get it ???

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Tickets don't appear to be on sale online yet - should've been at 9.30?