Burton Albion Predictions | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Burton Albion Predictions

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
It could go either way. They could be completely rattled and collapse after the loss of Rowett and several staff. On the other hand, they were on an iffy run of form even before he left so maybe this will re-vitalise and pull them together. I'd take a draw and I think it's what we'll get. 1-1.

In terms of the team- I'd definitely start Blizzard as he has had a week's rest and I think he could get a lot of joy playing between the lines in a 3-4-1-2 formation against Burton's static 4-4-2. Unchanged for me- I'd go for Thomas over Smalley on the bench but that's just a personal preference and I don't expect Sheridan to follow it.

Feb 21, 2011
This could go either way, history and our current form suggests a low scoring win either way or draw, so it'll probably be a goal fest.
Same team and formation that's served us so well lately.

C

Cobi Budge.

I believe I've been to 64 professional football clubs, Burton still hold the award for worst home fans. I don't dislike them, home support is just non existent, I remember when they beat us with a last minute header (vital game for them) & their fans didn't even celebrate, just some polite applause, it was really Bizzare.

Anyway I'll be there, and I'm going for a 2 0 win, the goals from McHugh & Alessandra.

Jun 8, 2014
They'll beat us. A manager change doesn't mean they just automatically forget how to play. 1-0 to them.

Same team but Cox in for Blizzard to strengthen up the midfield, push Bobby up closer behind Reuben and Lewi.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
It seems every time we're in a good run of form we come up against Burton, and every time they scrap and time-waste their way to victory. It's frustrating as hell to watch.

They're in a bit of patchy form, and have lost their last three at home which is odd for a team usually very good at home. Rowett leaving is bound to affect them one way or another but I have a feeling it will make them even more resilient and tough to break down.

Our record of coming from behind is bad enough, let alone against a team very good at running down the clock.

If they score first, a frustrating 1-0 defeat.

If we score first, I think we'll go on to score two or three.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I can't judge over a period of time but when I saw Burton beat us 1-0 at Home Park last season I thought they were a good footballing side and both teams tried to play football that day. I don't recall any untoward time wasting on that occasion to be fair to them.

C

centralgreen

Will be happy with anything but a defeat against our league 2 bogie team.

Stll can't get over how we lost 1-0 last time out when they broke from our corner and scored in the 92nd minute
Coyg

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
The defense is looking awesome so I'll predict no goals scored against. Can we nick a goal?--yes I think we can. 1-0 Argyle, Hartley to score from a set piece.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Argyle may lack something as an attacking force, only having one decent striker, but surely one thing we can do is soak up some rush-of-blood pressure then expose a weakness. 1-0 Argyle.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
mervyn":12tw75x4 said:
I hate playing teams who've just lost a manager. The usual response from players is to put an extra shift in because their new manager is probably watching in the stands.

Yep I agree. They are potentially playing for their places/livelihood starting with a clean slate thus raising their game.

That plus our poor record against them and poor away record this year leads me to believe it will be a frustrating
1 - 0 defeat and the winning momentum de-railed