Bury Fan in Peace | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bury Fan in Peace

Jan 13, 2006
Plymouth
noseyshaker":bmjqa7fx said:
loyal1970":bmjqa7fx said:
noseyshaker":bmjqa7fx said:
buck197":bmjqa7fx said:
Noseyshaker, what was your take on your drubbing of the Greens?

First of all well done to all those who travelled to the game, great effort. I hoped you may have brought close to a 1000 but still a great effort from all who came.

I've read a lot of the criticism of the team and its similar to our msg board after a defeat, pretty doom and gloom. My take is that it was very much a game of 2 halves. First half was even and second half we steam rolled you. It could have been a much different game if your man hadn't missed from under the bar!

Both me and my dad commented that you looked lively, well organised and up for it after around 20 mins. You had come for the win and were winning as many tackles as you were losing. That said our second goal completely knocked the stuffing out of you and gave our players a huge confidence boost and from then on in it was a bit of a mauling for you guys to the point were 4-0 was a little flattering for you.

What did you make of our side? Any players catch your eye for good or bad reasons?

Reid looked lively as expected butI thought we did a pretty good job on him and how big was your sub!
why did you think 1000 may turn up I think 5 and a half hundred was enough anyway have you ever been away south of midlands or is it to far to travel.

Not having go as I said at the start, fantastic effort from those who travelled. I 'hoped' there would have been closer to a 1000 as you still had something to play for and the end of the season is fast approaching and I always prefer bigger away followings to be there to help with the atmosphere.

I've been all over the place thanks, 70 grounds at the last count including Torquay and Exeter and hopefully Plymouth in the next season or two. Depends on when it falls and whether we have anything to play for.

Please excuse loyal1970, he appears to be a member of the "we travel further and have bigger support than you so your opinion is invalid" brigade. There aren't many of them of but they tend to rear their ugly head from time to time.

Firstly, I was pleasantly surprised by the away end at Gigg Lane, the exterior of the stadia was a tad underwhelming, but inside it was a tidy ground.

In terms of the match, I think that confidence had a huge factor, you took your early chance very well and settled accordingly, we had three very good chances (Alessandra before your first, Gurrieri scoring a conversion from circa 8 yards and Reid's header skimming past the post) in the first-half but didn't take them. The score coulda been anything from 1-0, to 1-3, to 2-2 based on quality (or lack of) finishing.

Second half however, we were completely devoid of any fight or passion from the outset. What appeared from the away end to be incredibly clumsy defending from Cole and Trotman saw the ball ricochet around and you were awarded a penalty, not sure what for but there didn't seem to be much argument. From the moment Nardiello scored it was game over, and our players had already mentally checked out for summer.

Honestly, after that it could've been a cricket score, on top of your goals you had several clear cut chances, including hitting the bar after Nelson (I think) gifted your lot the ball, we could see the flight of the curling shot from the away end and it looked like it was going in all the way.

Your forward lot terrorised us, we seemed to be half a yard slower all over the pitch. I think the most impressive thing about Bury (and comparatively worrying about us) was that it wasn't a particular stand-out player, but from 1-11 you were superior.

Your new manager seems to have done a very, very solid job and based on what I've seen from both games (our 2-1 flattered us, and we all knew it) you're gonna be thereabouts next season.

You play nice football at this level, I didn't notice a tendency to hoof it, and I wish you all the best. Your players seemed to want it so much more, which is encouraging signs for a team who had nothing but pride to play for.

Good luck next season.

Apr 17, 2014
Green_4_ever":uf4l1830 said:
noseyshaker":uf4l1830 said:
loyal1970":uf4l1830 said:
noseyshaker":uf4l1830 said:
buck197":uf4l1830 said:

First of all well done to all those who travelled to the game, great effort. I hoped you may have brought close to a 1000 but still a great effort from all who came.

I've read a lot of the criticism of the team and its similar to our msg board after a defeat, pretty doom and gloom. My take is that it was very much a game of 2 halves. First half was even and second half we steam rolled you. It could have been a much different game if your man hadn't missed from under the bar!

Both me and my dad commented that you looked lively, well organised and up for it after around 20 mins. You had come for the win and were winning as many tackles as you were losing. That said our second goal completely knocked the stuffing out of you and gave our players a huge confidence boost and from then on in it was a bit of a mauling for you guys to the point were 4-0 was a little flattering for you.

What did you make of our side? Any players catch your eye for good or bad reasons?

Reid looked lively as expected butI thought we did a pretty good job on him and how big was your sub!
why did you think 1000 may turn up I think 5 and a half hundred was enough anyway have you ever been away south of midlands or is it to far to travel.

Not having go as I said at the start, fantastic effort from those who travelled. I 'hoped' there would have been closer to a 1000 as you still had something to play for and the end of the season is fast approaching and I always prefer bigger away followings to be there to help with the atmosphere.

I've been all over the place thanks, 70 grounds at the last count including Torquay and Exeter and hopefully Plymouth in the next season or two. Depends on when it falls and whether we have anything to play for.

Please excuse loyal1970, he appears to be a member of the "we travel further and have bigger support than you so your opinion is invalid" brigade. There aren't many of them of but they tend to rear their ugly head from time to time.

Firstly, I was pleasantly surprised by the away end at Gigg Lane, the exterior of the stadia was a tad underwhelming, but inside it was a tidy ground.

In terms of the match, I think that confidence had a huge factor, you took your early chance very well and settled accordingly, we had three very good chances (Alessandra before your first, Gurrieri scoring a conversion from circa 8 yards and Reid's header skimming past the post) in the first-half but didn't take them. The score coulda been anything from 1-0, to 1-3, to 2-2 based on quality (or lack of) finishing.

Second half however, we were completely devoid of any fight or passion from the outset. What appeared from the away end to be incredibly clumsy defending from Cole and Trotman saw the ball ricochet around and you were awarded a penalty, not sure what for but there didn't seem to be much argument. From the moment Nardiello scored it was game over, and our players had already mentally checked out for summer.

Honestly, after that it could've been a cricket score, on top of your goals you had several clear cut chances, including hitting the bar after Nelson (I think) gifted your lot the ball, we could see the flight of the curling shot from the away end and it looked like it was going in all the way.

Your forward lot terrorised us, we seemed to be half a yard slower all over the pitch. I think the most impressive thing about Bury (and comparatively worrying about us) was that it wasn't a particular stand-out player, but from 1-11 you were superior.

Your new manager seems to have done a very, very solid job and based on what I've seen from both games (our 2-1 flattered us, and we all knew it) you're gonna be thereabouts next season.

You play nice football at this level, I didn't notice a tendency to hoof it, and I wish you all the best. Your players seemed to want it so much more, which is encouraging signs for a team who had nothing but pride to play for.

Good luck next season.

It's always good to get an away perspective of Gigg. I've been going 30 years and it wasn't until an away fan mentioned how strange it was that you can only access the ground from one side that I had even noticed how novel this was!
As you said a lot hinged on the missed chances. I said to my nephew this is the major difference as you go up the leagues. If you get into the championship these chances very simply do not get missed.
Enjoy the remainder of the season and hopefully we can nip in front of you before the season finishes. I have a strong feeling we are going to end up 2 points outside the play offs but my god I'd have taken that when we had our relegation 6 pointer against Northampton just 3 weeks ago!

Good luck for the remainder of the season and I'm gutted my chant of;

'Are those shorts specially made!'
'Are those shorts spec-ial-y made!'

To Reuben Reid didn't catch on.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Your no 34 caught my eye big style and your no 7 was quite lively as well.

Love Gigg Lane, a proper ground.

I thought we played the far better football first half, and thought you were a bit 'hoof' if I'm honest.

Second half, you scored from the penalty are our lily livered excuses for football players simply dropped their heads and your guys visibly grew in confidence.

Well done on your win, you could see it meant a lot to the people around us (in the main stand), and a well deserved victory.

Apr 17, 2014
Number 34 is Pablo Mills, got him on a free mid way through the season and now signed up for next year. May end up winning our player of the season award despite only being here for half of it.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Green_4_ever":2fqhykh2 said:
noseyshaker":2fqhykh2 said:
loyal1970":2fqhykh2 said:
noseyshaker":2fqhykh2 said:
buck197":2fqhykh2 said:

Good luck next season.
Good post. Second your apology.