Bury Team and Predictions | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bury Team and Predictions

Was just about to say it's a bit early before realising it's tomorrow :lol:

In typical bleddy Argo fashion, we'll win this one and bottle it again on Easter Monday. Bury 0-2 Plymouth Argyle, Reid and Young.

3-5-2 has served us pretty well in all, but it's time to revert to a back four now.

1 Cole

2 Berry
15 Wotton
17 Nelson
25 Purrington

27 Gurrieri
14 Young
6 Hourihane
19 Thomas

9 Reid
7 Alessandra

Subs: 32 Dawson, 8 Boco, 11 Blizzard, 16 Trotman, 18 Harvey, 20 Banton, 29 Showunmi.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
The players will be thumbing the holiday catalogues by now so a win would not be the most conveneint of results I shouldn't think.
And even if favourable results on Sat'dy, would many turn up to watch a knock-off version of Wombledon visit. Doubtful.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Gary_Wills":38dckudo said:
The players will be thumbing the holiday catalogues by now so a win would not be the most conveneint of results I shouldn't think.
And even if favourable results on Sat'dy, would many turn up to watch a knock-off version of Wombledon visit. Doubtful.
You seriously think players would rather not get promoted (increase wages, prospects, etc etc) so they could have three extra weeks on the beach?

Some people in this world are so naive in a world of cynicism that they aren't at all clued up. Yet some people really do take it to the opposite extreme :doh:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Not many would cut it in L1, even if prepared to have done all the grind in training months ago to be getting through the play offs now.
And extra weeks of work with no guaranteed extra pay. Mug's game.
So the argument falls down there.

Take a certain motormouth local, would he cut it in L1 next year, no way Jose.

These are not elite footballers. Like most of the world's non-workaholic workforce, me included, they are inconsistent and sometimes uncommitted. Sometimes awesome sometimes crappy. And that's absolutely fine.

Once the pieces fit together and a unity forms, next season or after, we'll have a team worthy of stepping up to L1. That ain't yet.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
All of that doesn't mean they wouldn't want promotion. Those under contract would probably get a wage increase and the chance to play in a higher league, those out of contract who wouldn't be kept on would look a lot better prospect-wise for a promotion on their CV.

And that's even taking the stone cold cynical line (which I don't agree with anyway) that some of them may just want to win it for the team and for their mates rather than pure self-interest. Take Wotton. Ok he wouldn't be kept on- not disputing that. But can you seriously doubt he'd love to get promotion at Wembley in his last ever game for the club? I can't.

Mar 26, 2014
This certainly looks like a game that we could win. I'd scrap the predictable 3-5-2 in favour of the more defensively sound 4-4-2. I'm thinking Bury 1-2 Argyle.

Cole

Berry
Trotman
Nelson
Purrington

Banton
Young
Hourihane
Gurrieri

Reid
Alessandra