Carey... | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carey...

Jul 17, 2011
He's not irreplaceable... ( in terms of the team - tanner could play his position)but ask Curtis Nelson if the grass is always greener on the other side?

Sep 6, 2006
driscollberg":3h2q8875 said:
He's not irreplaceable... ( in terms of the team - tanner could play his position)but ask Curtis Nelson if the grass is always greener on the other side?

Nonsense. Tanner is not in the same class. Not yet anyway.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Balham_Green":1318borj said:
driscollberg":1318borj said:

Nonsense. Tanner is not in the same class. Not yet anyway.

Quite correct B_G. By the way driscollberg - the Nelson comment, is that fact or supposition?

Jul 17, 2011
Not fact- I could have used anyone- allesandra, O'Connor, Reid, Hartley. No doubt they are good league 1 players, but it's not that much better than league 2.

As for the tanner comment- I'm not suggesting he's as good as Carey, I just feel without him, this team would still go up.

Jan 27, 2012
Based on home gates, Argyle are among the biggest clubs in League Two AND League One. So why shouldn't Argyle offer the same wages as any clubs in those leagues? If Carey were to leave for a Championship team I might accept it. But a club like Oxford or whatever is not bigger than Argyle. If he left for a club like that it would show lack of ambition from Argyle. Brent must keep him here.
Better to have 1 Carey than 3 David Ijahas in the squad.

Feb 9, 2013
The Curtis Nelson comment is a bit wide of the mark, as he's been side-lined by a stress fracture of a bone in his foot that has been slow to heal - ironic really because he was so rarely injured when at Argyle!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I've just been talking to a friend who watched Argyle v Yeovil on a sponsor's 'freebie'. He told me that, as the game progressed, he said to a friend, "Who's that no 10? He's not a League 2 player. Is he on loan from the Premier League?" He is not someone to be easily impressed but he even talked of paying to go again.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
gaspargomez":3mv2jdlp said:
Based on home gates, Argyle are among the biggest clubs in League Two AND League One. So why shouldn't Argyle offer the same wages as any clubs in those leagues? If Carey were to leave for a Championship team I might accept it. But a club like Oxford or whatever is not bigger than Argyle. If he left for a club like that it would show lack of ambition from Argyle. Brent must keep him here.
Better to have 1 Carey than 3 David Ijahas in the squad.

I think you have forgotten legacy debt issues. Some of it may have been 'picked up by Plymouth CC but it does not mean that it is no longer required to be repaid. This has been a drain on revenues since Administration.

I know that David Ijahas has not featured in first team games, but I thought he played well during his appearance in the pre-season friendly versus WBA. Should Song'o be injured he would be an acceptable replacement.

Dec 2, 2005
London
Quintrell_Green":3rcr5gyg said:
I think you have forgotten legacy debt issues. Some of it may have been 'picked up by Plymouth CC but it does not mean that it is no longer required to be repaid. This has been a drain on revenues since Administration.

I know that David Ijahas has not featured in first team games, but I thought he played well during his appearance in the pre-season friendly versus WBA. Should Song'o be injured he would be an acceptable replacement.

He did a great job on Saturday. Full of energy and a big midfield "presence"! Perfect player to bring on and close a game out.

:eek:fft:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
According to NIFF, he's on 3.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
That will be just League stuff.

12 appearances, 5 goals, 3 assists, 1 yellow card and 3 MotM.

Jan 27, 2012
Quintrell_Green":1u7w2l64 said:

With regards to the debt issue, I thought Brent was quoted as saying that this situation is now under control. I also think that many other clubs in L1 and L2 have debts with quite a nunmber of those also having experienced Administration. So I suspect Argyle's financial situation is decent in comparion to other lower league teams, especially given the size of home gates. So I woukd hope that Argyle can afford to offer Carey a competitive L1 wage, even allowing for legacy debts.

I wasn't having a go at Ijaha when I said that 1 Carey is worth 3 Ijahas. My point was that its worth offering our most important player a very competitive wage, even if it means trimming down the squad by a player or two. When Carey plays, he does things that none of our other players are really capable of. Argyle should not accept losing him to any team below Championship level.