Carey | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carey

Aug 22, 2006
Carey? Absolute quality. IF we didn't have Carey would his replacement have scored and assisted more goals than he has? Absolutely not. He can afford to have the odd bad game, and I'm sorry I know that is painful for some fans but they are the facts. He is quality. Look elsewhere for blame. Jeez I remember when Akos was getting a lot of abuse, and look what happened, he went to QPR and they absolutely loved him. Hourihane was the same. The blame does for the majority of the cases lie elsewhere, not always but yes for most of the times.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Favourite player but had a real mare tonight. NOTHING came off for him despite trying.

Wouldn't of been surprised to see him hooked off at half time and I'm almost wondering if it might do him some good to be dropped .

Him and One trick Kennedy were poo tonight

Sep 23, 2005
Gary_Wills":2jkw2cgl said:
Gary_Wills":2jkw2cgl said:
And some of those Carey free kicks are eye-catching but effective? I don't recall many going in

Some words for evening dinner then ...
Me too, when his first one went close I said he'll get one of those....one day. 24 goals plus assists for Carey now. Good man.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
By my reckoning Carey's goals and assists, in games where they have affected the result, have won us an incredible 25 points. Without those goals and assists we'd be in 17th place in League Two.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
DA is now suggesting that Graham Carey could be close to a call-up for the Republic of Ireland squad. I have wondered about that possibility, even last season, but thought it better not to even mention it on here. International call-ups can disrupt our squad but I guess that is a selfish attitude concerning his career.

Now that the manager has suggested it, what do others think?

Oct 16, 2016
Detest international football, all the more reason when one of your 'own' is called up.

Club first, country- a country mile second

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
davie nine":2q36zlip said:
DA is now suggesting that Graham Carey could be close to a call-up for the Republic of Ireland squad. I have wondered about that possibility, even last season, but thought it better not to even mention it on here. International call-ups can disrupt our squad but I guess that is a selfish attitude concerning his career.

Now that the manager has suggested it, what do others think?

Hourihane barely makes the ROI squad at the moment. Not sure we need to worry about Carey too much at this moment in time.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":2v8g7wu2 said:
By my reckoning Carey's goals and assists, in games where they have affected the result, have won us an incredible 25 points. Without those goals and assists we'd be in 17th place in League Two.

Only 25?? Drop him!!

G

Greenismyblood

Graham Carey is undoubtedly our best playmaker and when he's playing well, Argyle play well. I think sometimes this season he has looked a little leggy, perhaps if he was rested for the odd game he could influence more games.

Aug 5, 2016
PL2 3DQ":wt364be6 said:

That's assuming whoever would have played in Carey's position contributed 0 goals and 0 assists though. Either that or we'd have fielded 10 players every week without Carey!!

Mar 23, 2008
Great management, knows he needs Carey bang on form to help see us over the line so trying to boost him to stoke the fires. Does DA honestly believe a league 2 player should be playing international football? Doesn't matter though, as long as it does the trick.