Checkatrade Trophy - Format Survey | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Checkatrade Trophy - Format Survey

Will you attend Checkatrade home games?

• Yes I will attend both games

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I will attend Exeter game only

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • I will attend Chelsea game only

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • No I will boycott both games

Votes: 76 73.8%

• Total voters
Dec 4, 2011
I don't mind it that much but I just think the rules are unfair on EFL clubs and we should be allowed to play our reserves/under 18s if we want to. Given our lack of resources for entering into a reserve league this may be good for us. I'm glad Luton were stubborn about their position and have proved that clubs without academies do have decent youth systems.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I like the idea of the National League being involved, I'd be interested to see how non-league clubs would fair, there's also plenty of former league clubs down there who could give L1/L2 teams a good game.

Personally I'm not against a group stage as such, it adds far more intrigue than a single win/lose game.

The only thing that caused this to be an utter failure for me was to be treated like 2nd class clubs in our own competition. Being forced to play someone else's 2nd team whilst having so many selection rules imposed on us that we couldn't restore some pride and play our own against them.

It's why Postey's suggestion is not a joke, Harvey should resign for this. He just doesn't get Football League clubs, we are already forced to live in the Premier League's "glamorous" shadow. FL fans up and down the country ridiculed for choosing their local team over a plastic team, as head of our governing body he should be doing more to close the gap. To put us in a competition with B-Teams is to say that's all we're worth, 2nd string to a Premier club. It failed because Mr Harvey doesn't get the FL's struggle.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Mark_Colling":byhdxwoe said:

That's a good article, a 56% drop in attendances!

The final, which won’t include any B Teams, may well be better attended, but it would be a cynical and desperate move if the EFL tried to claim that a good turn out on the day proves fans are coming round to the new format.

Yep, Harvey is claiming just that very same thing! :lol:

At last summer's Fans Summit the B Team format and Whole Game Solution were discussed and hopefully the various Fans Trusts will debate it this summer as well but this time with the clear mandate for the Fans Trusts to ask Harvey to resign.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
There is still a 50/50 vote on this by clubs. Shaun Harvey clearly isn't going to listen to the fans, but hopefully the clubs will.

Aug 14, 2015
I used to like the Paintpot cup, it gave folk living in Lg 1 and 2 a genuine opportunity for a trip to a wembley final. Unlike the FA and Lg cups. I also liked that it was regionalised and final was south v north and it gave a chance for reserve and younger players a chance. The Premier lg has almost ruined football ..they keep the billions ploughed into english football, steal other clubs local talent..and now want to get their greasy fingers on JPT..annoys me no end.
BOYCOTT

Aug 5, 2015
The greatly reduced attendances should tell the powers that be everything they need to know about how the fans feel. Will they listen ... beware of flying pigs!

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Ollieargyle9":3s7cgopw said:
I like the idea of the National League being involved
So do I BUT they've been in before and I can't recall why they dropped out again although it is worth noting that they have the FA Trophy to play for and so I don't believe there is much appetite for it from them.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Mark_Colling":fmyj85ah said:
Hopefully their fans are of the same opinion as they were back in November.

Supporter reaction: Attendances were generally well down this year (average of 1388 per game this year versus 3705 the season before). At the Trust Forum in November 2016 there was overwhelming support from those present for a reversion to a competition solely for L1 and 2 Clubs.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The final today (won by Coventry) attracted a crowd of 74,434. Sadly I'm sure that'll help the powers that be to consider it a success. I'm just glad that an U23 team didn't make the final.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Keepitgreen":36baktup said:
The final today (won by Coventry) attracted a crowd of 74,434. Sadly I'm sure that'll help the powers that be to consider it a success. I'm just glad that an U23 team didn't make the final.

While I understand that sentiment had an U23 made it through to the final then I suspect the crowd for the Final would have been far far smaller. This would have reduced the opportunity for the powers to make a PR coup from it.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008