Chelsea 2 Argyle 2 1st Nov 1975 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chelsea 2 Argyle 2 1st Nov 1975

G

Greenskin

Only time for me at Stamford Bridge was a horrendous 5-0 hiding in the late 1980's,think Ken Brown was manager. Could have been 15-0 if Cherry hadn't had a blinder, never seen such a nightmarishly one sided game-Dixon, Durie and Nevin prime instigators. Also remember a 3-2 loss to them down here when Steve Finnieston flashed several V signs to the Demport after scoring the winner, probably get into serious trouble for that now.

Lgm

Mar 15, 2017
Surrey
Went to the match with my dad and stood at the top of the North Stand near the West Stand. A police officer came over to us and told us we would be safer standing with the Argyle supporters who were stood in the middle of the North Stand behind the goal as the thugs in the Shed would make their way over here. Sure enough when Argyle scored their goals the Chelsea thugs had made their way over from the Shed & charged at the Argyle Supporters hitting my dad & I on the way so should have trusted the word of the policeman.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Only been to Stamford Bridge twice...
1979...4th Sep...FL Cup replay (I think).....we won 2-1.....sitting at the top of their big stand.
and
1976...19th Feb the old Div2 when we drew 2-2....locked in the ground until police cleared the streets and then marched back to the station ?.....problem was I lived in NW Kent and had parked my car the other side of the Thames....tried to sneak away on the march but they wouldn't believe I had a car the other side of the river....so had to go into the station and then sneak out.