Ciftci | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ciftci

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
OwenJones":3cdmph3o said:
I personally think he could be a decent striker and we could do with being patient while he settles and gets used to the system. He might turn out to be great, might not, but writing people off after a couple of games is never helpful.
Must admit to confidently posting about Halmosi after his first game – “ a complete waste of space – technically inept” :facepalm: …………….. and more recently calling Bradley a “carthorse” after his first couple of games :facepalm: …………..

But what the Hell – I’m usually right :wink: and it’s what fans do.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Ave_IT":duqtb4mr said:
Can’t say I’m much impressed with Ciftci so far. I don’t like his pretty blatant ‘simulation’ at times – we grumble about ‘dark arts’ of others but he seems quite keen on them. It doesn’t always help either – a couple of times his attempts were waved away so we just lost momentum and had a player rolling around on the ground complaining. I know he’s still finding his fitness so we should cut him a little slack; but the energy that Fletcher brought when he came on was a massive contrast to Ciftici’s lumbering around. I’d certainly go Fletcher and Blisset against Blackpool.

This for me. No greater example than when the ball was in the final third and he went down holding his head. Ref stops the game and he leaps up to argue with him. Result being a drop ball given to their keeper. Momentum lost and the ref then has his card marked for the rest of the game.

Good free kick yes but should have scored his one on one and was very much slumped shoulders woe is me most of the game. Contrast to fletcher who is about 2/3 the size running their back line ragged.

All for giving him a chance but I fear without an attitude change he's not going to have the impact we need.

Would be delighted if he proves me wrong with a hat trick tomorrow

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
jimbo_the_green":3krxo2lu said:
Ave_IT":3krxo2lu said:
Can’t say I’m much impressed with Ciftci so far. I don’t like his pretty blatant ‘simulation’ at times – we grumble about ‘dark arts’ of others but he seems quite keen on them. It doesn’t always help either – a couple of times his attempts were waved away so we just lost momentum and had a player rolling around on the ground complaining. I know he’s still finding his fitness so we should cut him a little slack; but the energy that Fletcher brought when he came on was a massive contrast to Ciftici’s lumbering around. I’d certainly go Fletcher and Blisset against Blackpool.

This for me. No greater example than when the ball was in the final third and he went down holding his head. Ref stops the game and he leaps up to argue with him. Result being a drop ball given to their keeper. Momentum lost and the ref then has his card marked for the rest of the game.
That was one incident that infuriated me ……………. a really good position lost – so stupid.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
He needs a goal....

Jul 30, 2015
Plymouth
Ave_IT":g1ctttoi said:
OwenJones":g1ctttoi said:
I personally think he could be a decent striker and we could do with being patient while he settles and gets used to the system. He might turn out to be great, might not, but writing people off after a couple of games is never helpful.
Must admit to confidently posting about Halmosi after his first game – “ a complete waste of space – technically inept” :facepalm: …………….. and more recently calling Bradley a “carthorse” after his first couple of games :facepalm: …………..

But what the Hell – I’m usually right :wink: and it’s what fans do.

Ha, yep, true that. I know what people are saying – he hasn't scored, he's missed a couple and he's not a 'run around like a loon' kind of player but we just don't know what he's capable of when he gets going (and so do his team mates).

Jul 12, 2016
Just after his free kick hit the crossbar he was trying to get the crowd to up their support and encouragement. Unfortunately with the tactics DA employs the lone striker is feeding off scraps with nobody to take advantage of knockdowns.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
He's played 3 games and 2 of those have been with 10 men for half the match. I'll reserve judgement until he's had a decent run. I'm sure he'll start again tomorrow night.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I actually thought he played quite well tonight and it was good to see him trying to raise the noise levels in the ground, the service he is getting is awful and I definitely feel for him.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Cobi Budge":1mhlam4i said:
I actually thought he played quite well tonight and it was good to see him trying to raise the noise levels in the ground, the service he is getting is awful and I definitely feel for him.

You thought he played well... Hmmm OK so what did you think of the absolutely pathetic way he gave possession away allowing the Blackpool player a free run on Edwards and eventually the sending off?
I was initially excited by the signing. Im now wondering if the guy wearing the number nine is actually Nadir Ciftci or if he's just some bloke who turned up around the same time the big top circus pitched up in central park

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
up_the_line":1pj8gdja said:
Cobi Budge":1pj8gdja said:

You thought he played well... Hmmm OK so what did you think of the absolutely pathetic way he gave possession away allowing the Blackpool player a free run on Edwards and eventually the sending off?
I was initially excited by the signing. Im now wondering if the guy wearing the number nine is actually Nadir Ciftci or if he's just some bloke who turned up around the same time the big top circus pitched up in central park
This!

Jan 27, 2012
He played quite well tonight I thought and showed some passion. He didn't get an awful lot of quality service to work with.

C

CADMAN

Let's be honest, the reason he has been loaned to us is because overall he is not very good. I believe he has made a slightly unbalanced dressing room even more unbalanced. Read into that as you wish.

Feb 2, 2007
Hubble":1aczp708 said:
Let's be honest, the reason he has been loaned to us is because overall he is not very good. I believe he has made a slightly unbalanced dressing room even more unbalanced. Read into that as you wish.

Big difference between "believe" and "know".

C

CADMAN

nick_PASTIE":194hiqr4 said:
Hubble":194hiqr4 said:

Big difference between "believe" and "know".
Yes there is.