Ciftci | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ciftci

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
He's not a lone striker and should never have been played in that role.

Both Blissett (playing non-league last season) and Fletcher (just 18) are scoring and are now ahead of Ciftci.

Feb 17, 2017
PL2 3DQ":1a3kd5oy said:

Both Blissett (playing non-league last season) and Fletcher (just 18) are scoring and are now ahead of Ciftci.

Feel sorry for him to be honest, a large portion of the blame was put on him for our site performances having had a massive dip in form since his arrival. We can clearly see it’s not ciftci that’s the problem as the same continues, give the man some service and a goal and you would see something different.

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
Ciftci is actually very good player.

The fault is not with him but the ludicrous system DA continues to employ which also embarrasses other players (see the Sawyer thread).

Put him in a 4-4-2 where not only would we have a more resolute shape to the team but he would also have someone to bounce off and I think you'd see different player.

Problem is the manager is as stubborn as a mule and won't change his tried and trusted but clearly ailing method.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
PL2 3DQ":8686otrx said:

Blissett and Fletcher offer more energy & mobility. I understand the argument that Shifty needs more time to settle, get fitness etc. but that goes for Bliss & Fletch who are both gaining experience with each game. This has been a big step up for them. If we have to make a choice I'd definitely go for them - either or both may yet really adapt and not only help us out of our current slump but become valuable long term assets.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Am I right in saying that Citfci and Wylde have never started together?
You have to compare like with like. Can't recall Citfci getting too many crosses like the one Fletcher scored from.
Citfci looks a class above others that we have got. Players job is to play, Managers job to make them play 'right' and put the 'right' players together in an organised team.
Who has really struggled? The player or the manager? :think:

Oct 14, 2015
Ciftci is struggling to make any sort of impact and last week against Exeter basically came on to take a penalty ( 90 min sub) ..

Can't see how that's going to motivate him to do anything to be honest. I'm beginning to wonder if Adams regrets getting him on loan?

Apr 29, 2016
I don’t think that Ciftci’s problem is that he’s not good enough. He had a proven record of scoring at Dundee which was why he commanded such a transfer fee. This season we’ve just not created good scoring opportunities. Our playmaker Carey had just not performed and then we’re short of creativity. Sure we’ve had a few half chances but Wylde’s final ball had never been the best either. One good ball into the box on Saturday from GC and goal! Let’s hope that we can start getting hold of midfield with ‘Dave’s’ signing although the next couple of games against Shrewsbury and Blackburn certainly will be difficult to expect much from.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":w3e5hn72 said:
Am I right in saying that Citfci and Wylde have never started together?
You have to compare like with like. Can't recall Citfci getting too many crosses like the one Fletcher scored from.
Citfci looks a class above others that we have got. Players job is to play, Managers job to make them play 'right' and put the 'right' players together in an organised team.
Who has really struggled? The player or the manager? :think:

Think you may have something there. :twisted:

A

ArgyleAndy

philmeboots said:
I don’t think that Ciftci’s problem is that he’s not good enough. He had a proven record of scoring at Dundee which was why he commanded such a transfer fee. This season we’ve just not created good scoring opportunities. Our playmaker Carey had just not performed and then we’re short of creativity. Sure we’ve had a few half chances but Wylde’s final ball had never been the best either. One good ball into the box on Saturday from GC and goal! Let’s hope that we can start getting hold of midfield with ‘Dave’s’ signing although the next couple of games against Shrewsbury and Blackburn certainly will be difficult to expect much from.

The thing is, it was hard for Ciftci not to score at Dundee Utd. They were such an attacking team under Jackie McNamara and had the likes of Stuart Armstrong, Gary Mackay-Steven, Ryan Gauld and Andrew Robertson providing the assists.

Current clubs:

Stuart Armstrong - Celtic
Gary Mackay-Steven - Aberdeen
Ryan Gauld - Sporting Lisbon
Andrew Robertson - Liverpool

It was impossible for him to score with those players in the team. Sadly we have nowhere near that talent.

Jul 12, 2016
I think that Ciftci is on a different wavelength from most of our players.
He is used to playing with better players around him and must be frustrated when he runs into space and nobody anticipates it.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
oldage":2iedi5oz said:
He is used to playing with better players around him and must be frustrated when he runs into space and nobody anticipates it.

TBH I think he is on a different planet at the moment and I certainly don't see much running into space. Most of the time he seems to be stumbling over his own feet. Don't know if that's down to being rusty or unfit but its hard to see a League 2 player in there at the moment let alone Scottish Premiership ( although those 2 things are probably the same )

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
oldage":1glzabwr said:

Agreed--used to be the same with Hourihane. Conor was always looking to play a good ball, but more often than not nobody had made a decent run, so ended up playing a percentage pass. Pity they're not in the same team :)

Jul 10, 2013
Old Gunner":1na4wjyc said:
oldage":1na4wjyc said:

Agreed--used to be the same with Hourihane. Conor was always looking to play a good ball, but more often than not nobody had made a decent run, so ended up playing a percentage pass. Pity they're not in the same team :)

Thing is, most of us could see that Hourihane was developing into a class player whereas Ciftci, from what I've seen, has been carp.