Come on then, how many........... | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Come on then, how many...........

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
35 for me, my first Argyle match was Roots Hall back in the late 70s. Due to my location as a child I watched Northampton for a season, at what is now solely the cricket ground. That was around 86/87, Graham Carr, they had some excellent players then, Trevor Morley, Eddie McGoldrick. Not sure why I mentioned any of that I think I'm just trying to stop myself thinking about Elm Park, I'm still haunted.

jthep

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
33 for me. And there were quite a few old dogs in there. Vetch Field and the Shay probably top the “never again” list for me

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
35 (think I've only been to Northampton at Sixfields).

Amazingly, of those 35, only at Aldershot did I not watch Argyle. My uncle took me in the 60s to watch a 0-0 against Halifax and I went in the away end with Kingstonian fans in the 2000s.

Also saw Spurs at Torquay and Palace and at Watford saw Spurs, Chelsea and Leeds... and Saracens 😂

• Applaud
Reactions: IJN
Oct 10, 2018
33 for me. And there were quite a few old dogs in there. Vetch Field and the Shay probably top the “never again” list for me
Colchester old ground, was like watching football in a bird cage, so many pillars thought the Roman's had built their ground, wouldn't have surprised me, probably last owners to have given it a lick of paint.

However they also had some of the friendliest and relatable fans,

Yet at the other end of spectrum I visited Rushden & Diamonds in 1997 and there ground was amazing for a club who.had risen from National league vauxhall conference like a phoenix, sadly they burnt out just as quickly.

There strangest ground visited has to be Luton or Lincoln, why

Well you entered Kenilworth Road through a garage type hanger, like your cutting through your neighbours back garden.

Lincoln, felt like I was approaching Kings landing, ground surrounded by a moat and tiny bridges crossing a river,

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
35 for me, my first Argyle match was Roots Hall back in the late 70s. Due to my location as a child I watched Northampton for a season, at what is now solely the cricket ground. That was around 86/87, Graham Carr, they had some excellent players then, Trevor Morley, Eddie McGoldrick. Not sure why I mentioned any of that I think I'm just trying to stop myself thinking about Elm Park, I'm still haunted.
I found your mention of the cricket interesting. At that time, or possibly a little earlier, Bramall Lane was also a cricket ground. I can certainly recall Yorkshire playing there when I were a lad.