Conspiracy Theory? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Conspiracy Theory?

Jul 29, 2010
That's exactly how I see it Buck. I don't believe we're nearly as bad as some think we are now because I never believed we were nearly as good as some thought we were then.

As in all things, the pragmatic, sensible and non hysterical middle path is the best path to be on.

We do need to change things though. I fully understand why we were not tactically flexible while we were winning, we didn't need to. But unless we mix things up, every opposition manager will just call Nathan Jones, Marcus Bignot or Martin Allen to get the simple recipe for beating us at home.

That's all we need to do, there's no conspiracy here.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
It comes as no shock to some. They've been poor for the majority of the season at home and even the narrow, sometimes fortunate draws and wins against very poor opposition have papered over the cracks.
I'll give Adams credit, he's come up with a very effective strategy away from home where teams are under onus to play higher up the pitch against us...he draws them out and then hits them on the break. And ironically that tactic might work at home against Doncaster next week. But generally speaking, at home, when teams generally come hoping. first and foremost to get their foot on the ball, Adams has got it woefully wrong in allowing them to do just that.
No conspiracy, just stubborn, inflexible management

Jul 12, 2016
Up_the_line.We are on the same wavelength and I could not have put it better myself. Our home form has flattered to deceive with mediocre performances and it is the tactics not the players at fault. Do players have a natural tendency to go sideways and backwards and get nowhere? The past 3 home games are confirming what many feared, that when our luck runs out we are nothing special.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Oldage - prepare yourself for accusations of being a sh!t supporter, talking b0lloks or knowing nothing about football because you aren't currently managing a professional team yourself.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":3dh293wi said:
Rather than conspiracy I would use Harold MacMillan's quote 'Events dear boy, events.
At the Barnet game had there been a different referee the result would have been different, at Morecambe had Slew not been sent off the result would have been different.
Yesterday the events were injuries and suspension and the recent results, as I am sure because it was a cup game and we have Doncaster next, Purrington and Bulvitus were kept back as a precaution but would have been involved in a league match.
Purrington and Bulvitis are both still injured. I don't know about Purrington but Bulvitis is hoping to start training again next week.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
up_the_line":pzj8y344 said:
Oldage - prepare yourself for accusations of being a sh!t supporter, talking b0lloks or knowing nothing about football because you aren't currently managing a professional team yourself.

I personally feel that anyone who is constantly finding fault with the team and shouting abuse from the stands, regardless of results and performances is a shyte supporter. If the cap fits, then wear it.

Yes we have some inconsistent players who blow hot and cold, we also have players who for some reason or other will prove to be a mistake bringing here. Welcome to 4th division football. I feel that too many of our fans have unrealistic expectations, which probably comes from watching lots of premiership football.

May 3, 2016
You obviously were not there yesterday.
You pay your money so you should be able to cheer or boo as you see fit.
Is it not unrealistic to expect value for money?
I expect Argyle to get promotion and play decent football that's why I go to watch, after all they are in the entertainment business.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GreenThing":2z5snbk4 said:
up_the_line":2z5snbk4 said:

I personally feel that anyone who is constantly finding fault with the team and shouting abuse from the stands, regardless of results and performances is a shyte supporter. If the cap fits, then wear it.

Yes we have some inconsistent players who blow hot and cold, we also have players who for some reason or other will prove to be a mistake bringing here. Welcome to 4th division football. I feel that too many of our fans have unrealistic expectations, which probably comes from watching lots of premiership football.

a. I don't have a tv let alone sky and havent seen a premier league game for some time. In fact I find the premier league quite boring.
b. I dont shout abuse from the stand - I did shout 'play 2 up front' (is that abuse?)

So if you're referring to me then you're someway wide of the mark

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
up_the_line":1hv7tv2d said:
GreenThing":1hv7tv2d said:
up_the_line":1hv7tv2d said:

a. I don't have a tv let alone sky and havent seen a premier league game for some time. In fact I find the premier league quite boring.
b. I dont shout abuse from the stand - I did shout 'play 2 up front' (is that abuse?)

So if you're referring to me then you're someway wide of the mark

I don't know what you are like at matches, if the cap doesn't fit then I'm not referring to you, but replying to your post about people assuming you are a shyte supporter, same as you assume that I'm a happy clapping green tint.

I do think you have too high an expectation of 4th division football, though.

Jul 12, 2016
GreenThing, I have supported Argyle for over 50 years and believe me this current team based on the home performances I have witnessed are nowhere near the standard of previous promotion winning teams. I do not shout insults from the stands but my hope/expectation is that regardless of which division we play in, we at least play like a home team should. I do not watch Premiership football because I am only interested in how Argyle do.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
area51":25x3xkyl said:
I expect Argyle to get promotion and play decent football that's why I go to watch, after all they are in the entertainment business.

He was. He has attended every home game for over 30 years. Jumping to conclusions doesn't work.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
area51":3gbmn2s7 said:

Do you feel that it's acceptable for people to run down the steps and shout abuse straight in the face of a player who failed to keep the ball in play?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
area51":3kued1bd said:
If done constructively, and not abusive---yes

That's not what I asked. You cannot shout into someone's face in a constructive and non-abusive way, which was what happened to Jervis yesterday.