Could fans help Home Park achieve stage 2? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Could fans help Home Park achieve stage 2?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Blimey is all this nonsense still going on? :facepalm:

There are no costings for Stage 2 because it simply isn't going to happen. I'd have thought that penny may have dropped with even the most easily duped fan.

Again, the club have brought this upon themselves by producing a fanfare of Stage 2 inc. drawings, duping the average easily fooled fan from the outset.

Duped. Pure and simple.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
The only way fans can help Home Park achieve stage 2 would be to fill the current stadium every game. Until Home Park is averaging 15k+ per game, stage 2 won't be considered.

Feb 2, 2007
Without the justification of higher gates doing the work will be simply pointless.m. I would get involved in crowd funding if we were getting 15k attendances and the justification would be evident.

Jun 20, 2017
FERNDOWN
A fair point. That said Bournemouth didn't plan ahead with the stadium and they got the holy grail of the PL with 11000 crowds. Nothing wrong with step by step improvements to the stadium though even if in hope more than expectation.

Jan 27, 2012
I suppose a "kickstarter" campaign could be launched- those who donate more than £100 would get a free season ticket if the agreed target is reached, or something along those lines ?

I'd like to see Phase 2 happen- I just don't think there is any real will from the club. Aesthetically, it would make the ground look so much better and thats kind of important (even if doesn't make sense financially).

P

Patrick Cussen

IJN":3ltzl8ps said:
Why? Because it's virtually impossible, that's why.

Plus, I can't help but feel £1million for Phase two is not right. It must be a lot, lot more, surely?

Perhaps we have short memories. Even allowing for the extension of the grandstand roof stage 2 may not be as much as some might think. Although it was 15 years ago the cost of the whole horseshoe development, including demolition and site clearance, was widely reported as £5m. I subsequently learned from John McNulty, former club director, that he managed to negotiate a lower figure of £4m!; a sum which, speaking as a building surveyor, has astonished me ever since. The two corners (stage 2) are very small by comparison and even allowing for increased building costs since 2002 the £1m estimate may not after all be too wide of the mark. Food for thought?

Jun 20, 2017
FERNDOWN
I still think just filling in the Devonport to main stand corner on its own and leaving the other one for now makes more sense than planning but not doing both together.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Patrick Cussen":1w8c3i46 said:
IJN":1w8c3i46 said:
Why? Because it's virtually impossible, that's why.

Plus, I can't help but feel £1million for Phase two is not right. It must be a lot, lot more, surely?

Perhaps we have short memories. Even allowing for the extension of the grandstand roof stage 2 may not be as much as some might think. Although it was 15 years ago the cost of the whole horseshoe development, including demolition and site clearance, was widely reported as £5m. I subsequently learned from John McNulty, former club director, that he managed to negotiate a lower figure of £4m!; a sum which, speaking as a building surveyor, has astonished me ever since. The two corners (stage 2) are very small by comparison and even allowing for increased building costs since 2002 the £1m estimate may not after all be too wide of the mark. Food for thought?
How many corners (no pun intended) were cut to achieve that sum?