Cox leaves Mansfield... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cox leaves Mansfield...

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
cheshiregreen":77a54aqj said:
Argy1e":77a54aqj said:
Keepitgreen":77a54aqj said:
cheshiregreen":77a54aqj said:
I think this means John Sheridan is now inside the top 30 longest serving managers in the League.
He was already 26th at the start of the season. He's steadily moving into the top 20. :)
28th now.

Seems as though he is going backwards. :)
Unless KeepItGreen was excluding the premier league in which case it's 19th

Jul 29, 2010
Not sure if it'll make a difference or not, could go either way, could deflate them, could galvanise them.

One thing is for sure though, the best game to play a team in trouble is the one BEFORE they sack the manager, and we've had quite a few of them in recent years.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
X Isle":24zeijoy said:
Not sure if it'll make a difference or not, could go either way, could deflate them, could galvanise them.

One thing is for sure though, the best game to play a team in trouble is the one BEFORE they sack the manager, and we've had quite a few of them in recent years.
If the players feel the same way as the fans then it's going to be the case where the monkeys been lifted of their backs, I agree that in a perfect world they would have held on till next week before sacking him but I guess football just ain't like that. Thinking about it ,it's a funny ole game innit. :whistle:

S

steveinspain

Greenskin":1i6kfewt said:
Good. Could have been quite a sight if the Mansfield fans had started chanting "Cox Out" tomorrow and it was taken a bit too literally by certain elements of the crowd.
:funny: Post of the week.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Greenskin":n1v10ci4 said:
Good. Could have been quite a sight if the Mansfield fans had started chanting "Cox Out" tomorrow and it was taken a bit too literally by certain elements of the crowd.

Brilliant! Reminds me of the immortal words of a cricket commentator a few years ago "The batsman's Holding--the bowler's Willey"

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
X Isle":szng35a0 said:

I think players in a team presently in an interegnum period as far as a manager is concerned, get aware that there may be interested future managers in the crowd, who size up perhaps their playing potential. As a result there is motivation to raise their game to impress him. This could work to Argyle's disadvantage given that Mansfield is located fairly central for potential managers to reach.

Nov 15, 2014
Quintrell_Green":1fjzwr82 said:
X Isle":1fjzwr82 said:

I think players in a team presently in an interegnum period as far as a manager is concerned, get aware that there may be interested future managers in the crowd, who size up perhaps their playing potential. As a result there is motivation to raise their game to impress him. This could work to Argyle's disadvantage given that Mansfield is located fairly central for potential managers to reach.

I agree. I would imagine that sometimes the players that have been waiting in the side-lines, that weren't favoured by the recent manager, step up in training start pushing for places forcing 1st teamers to raise their game. Thankfully, Paul Cox left yesterday afternoon so that doesn't apply. :D

Game day might be a good showcase for future managers, but if the players start playing for themselves then Argyle's team ethic should see us comfortable winners.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We should prepare for a much improved galvanised approach from them. Now is the perfect time for them to give a decent performance to impress.

Sep 7, 2006
Funny decision to part on a Friday. I'd be surprised if there isn't another dimension to all this.

In any case, let's hope we encounter disarray and not renaissance.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Argy1e":367jdww4 said:
cheshiregreen":367jdww4 said:
Argy1e":367jdww4 said:
Keepitgreen":367jdww4 said:
cheshiregreen":367jdww4 said:
I think this means John Sheridan is now inside the top 30 longest serving managers in the League.
He was already 26th at the start of the season. He's steadily moving into the top 20. :)
28th now.

Seems as though he is going backwards. :)
Unless KeepItGreen was excluding the premier league in which case it's 19th
I was excluding them. I assumed Cheshiregreen mean't the Football League. So he is in the top 20. :)

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A bit surprised at that one. Sheridan will be in the top 10 before the season's out almost certainly.